
Don't get me wrong, there will still be plenty of kickass Kohls dresses (and skirts), but I have been itching for a change, and the sales and fit of the new Gap pants spurred me into action. The skinny pant phenomenon has been fun and interesting, but OMG I missed that bootcut silhouette!

These are the Gap modern bootcut in grey; I got the longs for this color so I could wear heels. I also got the regular length in navy for flats, which will be perfect with my NAS Sam Edelman cheetah flats; apparently I am quite the trend-setter because I am seeing animal print flats on EVERY list of must-have shoes for the fall. I've got mine!
Anyway, back to Tuesday's fun outfit. The dalmation-dotted top and yellow cardigan are new from LOFT, picked up on a weekend expedition with my new shopping buddy Kate. It's so funny, I adore yellow but I realized recently that I only have 1 or 2 pieces in the shade. I think my brain assumed because it's such a strong color that was all I needed, so whenever I saw something in the store in yellow, even if I loved it I rejected it because "I already owned a yellow sweater." Meanwhile, I have a good half-dozen black or purple ones! D'oh. So now I am not going to limit myself on the yellow items. They're too much fun to keep myself to only 1 or 2!

OH! And yes, here is my new angled bob. Comparing photos in iPhoto I can see there isn't actually a huge difference between what I had before to my current cut, but I can see and feel it in real life. There's much more vibrancy to the color, it swings and moves better, and when I use product (I ran out yesterday, oops, thus the styling was not as good as usual) it's got much better volume on the top.


Next up: time for new everyday glasses! These are finally not strong enough a prescription, and I am tired of the way they look on my face. I want that Liz Lemon smart-girl look, but these are just too thin in the arms and the shape isn't right anymore. The hunt begins!
+++++
P.S. Thanks for all your continued sympathy for Sophie, and your patience while my posting has been so infrequent. This hiatus has been a mix of a lot of factors: getting back into the groove after vacation, making peace with the change in my body and accepting that this stupid weight is not going to magically disappear overnight, and letting my heart heal and getting used to not having that sweet old girl around anymore. I needed a little time where I wasn't "on stage" every day, but now I am back and ready to jump into the blogging fray again!
I may also start talking a little more about weight loss, eating, cooking, self-image, etc -- expanding beyond more than just my clothes. I don't know that I'm ready to go full-on dieting in front of the world again, but I've been reading some books and having some thinky thoughts and it seems a shame to keep it all to myself. If you are just here for the clothes, feel free to skim when I get to yammering! :)
I recently bought a blouse similar to yours at a TJ Maxx. It is chocolate brown with off white dots and I love it. Maybe because I think it hides my midsection - lol.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your thinky thoughts today and I look forward to whatever you have to offer us Kristen!
Yellow is a great color for you - and those boot-cuts are full of possibilities!
ReplyDeleteMy posts have veered toward "home style" lately - mainly because I have vowed not to buy new clothes just because I can't fit into my wardrobe! It is very frustrating - and I'm not "punishing" myself...just being honest and facing the reality that I need to address... Your observations & experiences will be inspiring and helpful to me, I'm sure!
Glad to see you back and rejuvenated - don't you think the cooler weather helps too? I've been wearing jeans daily for about a week, I'm so excited to be out of summer dresses and clamdiggers.
ReplyDeleteYour top and yellow cardigan with the bootcuts is ultra flattering. You look radiant!
I look forward to your thinky thoughts on any topic. Believe me, I am right there with you!
xx L.
Glad to have you back and looking great.I can see how you say that your hair has more movement although it doesn't look that diferent.
ReplyDeleteNow you've got me wondering about the bootcuts I keep seeing at GAP near me....
Looking forward to your posts. Would love to hear about food, cooking, diets, etc. and especially love the food shots.
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeous, Kristen! I love the boot cut pants and wow, that yellow cardi on you! Yowza! Fabulous.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy your writings on food and weight. :) It's your blog, post what you want, when you want!
Glad to see you back - I've missed you!
ReplyDeleteLove that ruffled top - I tried on one in a solid color over the summer at LOFT - loved it, but it was the same pink as the other two(!) shirts I was buying. The dots are so cute! LOVE the yellow on you - I am the same way - why do I have so many dark dark colors when the brights make me so happy? You look fab in the pants - this entire outfit is a winner!!!
Beautiful as always! That sweater and top combination is divine!
ReplyDeleteI'm so looking forward to reading your thinky thoughts and seeing your outfits posts too.
Ooh, pants! What a novel idea :) I'm finally wearing pants to work again too (this morning's chill was a deciding factor there). I love love love the sweater and tank combo, and I'm so jealous that I can't wear yellow with my skin tone.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'd love to read any thoughts you have geared toward weight loss, healthy cooking, etc. - I just joined a Biggest Loser challenge at my gym yesterday, so any advice would be good!
Good to see you back. I love your new look! The tiered top is just gorgeous and the yellow looks fabulous on you.
ReplyDeleteOhmy! I love it! Love the patterned blouse, the yellow sweater and the pants. THe GAP has been on my "to-try" list for some time, exactly because of those pants! They look GREAT on you!!! I am so impressed.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that things are still really tough with Sophie missing, and I am very glad you are back.
Those pants look great on you! Or maybe its the color combination--yellow certainly looks good on you too!
ReplyDeleteCan't remember how I found your blog, but it's definitely one of my favorites! Your honesty is awesome.
ReplyDeleteWhoa. You look outstanding. The hair and definitely the jeans!
ReplyDeleteI own a couple of dark jeans from The Gap, in their newer cuts (my fave is the Sexy Boot, but a co-worker just bought the Long and Lean and she looks outstanding). I can only pray that I look as good in mine as you look in yours.
Get thinky lady. Let it out!
You look beautiful! Hope this is a healing time for you and know she lives on in your heart and memories forever.....biscuitsmom
ReplyDeleteKristen, you look so fresh and confident with the beautiful, sunny colors and your awesome new haircut. I love the yellow with the polka dots!
ReplyDeleteYou know that, like you, I love to swap between pairs of glasses, so I'm avidly looking forward to the results of your search to see what you end up with.
(Which reminds me - need to schedule my own eye appointment!)
OMGOsh, lady, I am IN LOVE with this whole ensemble! It's just so fresh and fun and flattering, all at the same time. Absolutely LOVE. I just finally got some new glasses, too. I looked for months but ended up getting a pair of Guess and Calvin Klein (2for deal) at Eyemart Express.
ReplyDeleteAnd P.S., 2 points for a 30 Rock reference, LOL. That show is the best...
Those Gap trousers look great on you, and of course, I love the yellow cardigan.
ReplyDelete