Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stuff I Want: Retail Therapy

Thank you all very much for your kind words about our sweet Sophie. It's been a rough few days, but we are all getting through it. George has been absolutely wonderful, taking care of us and letting us give him all the pets and kisses we want to give both of them.

I've been thinking that I wanted to change up my style a bit; I went through a total dress phase for about a year, but lately I've been longing to do more tops and bottoms and layering. Part of that is due to the weight gain; it's a lot easier to hide body bits under layers than it is with a plain dress sometimes. But most of the desire for change has been due to boredom. I've picked up a couple of skirts this summer, but now that all the stores are starting to show pants, I decided to go for it.

This is what is coming in my order from Gap. 30% Give & Get sale, whoo!



The modern bootcut, in grey and navy. I have been enjoying the straight-leg look of the last year, but I missed my bootcuts!



Yes, jeggings. I know! But I want something to wear with my NAS grey boots, and I think the classic wash will be perfect.



The military look is going to be big this fall; I want to get one piece, and since I don't have a good fall coat in my current size I thought I would kill two birds with one stone. This will go great over my dresses and with casual looks; in the store I tried it on with the belt tied in back, giving it a nice nip at the waist, and I loved it.



Oh, right, I ordered two fall coats. :)
And some workout clothes and a top from ON. But those are boring.

But I forgot to order these wonderful green-khaki casual tuxedo pants! LOVE the stripe down them.



Maybe it's for the best I used my one-time-only coupon. I would probably also order this cute top.



And this pretty sleeveless cowlneck.



And I don't have a simple black cardigan, can you believe it?



Lastly, this striped top would be perfect under the olive-green jacket, or the black cardigan, or...everything I own. It's only $9!



Dang. Does anyone have another coupon code I could use? I hit Send too early, for sure! Never mind *cough*, I got it. Order #2 has been placed. :)

10 comments:

  1. I've had good luck with pants from the Gap. I just wish they stocked more fabrics in their curvy cut!

    Bootcuts are flattering and I think you'll like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I totally took advantage of the sale too! And I had to do it in 2 transactions because they wouldn't let me use the Groupon $50 gift card AND the 30% at the same time. Poopers...

    So I got a pair of dark wash Sexy Boot jeans with the $50 card, and then 2 drapey cotten jersey tops with the 30%. I tried the boot cut dress pants, but there was something funny about the back pockets. I think they were placed too high?? Making my butt look HUMUNGO!

    I hope all your stuff works out!! Can't wait to see it on the blog.

    I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved little furry friend too. *hug* I know the retail therapy isn't a cure, but it sure does make a good distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a shopping spree !
    I would have bought half of them too.
    Specially those flirty tops.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tuxedo pants are freaking fabulous. I saw them in Lucky magazine and wanted them STAT. There's something so elegant about them.

    Your other picks are gorgeous!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pants - the first pair! Jeggings would not get along with my sturdy calves but I know you will ROCK them! And I'm glad you went back and bought those awesome tops! Cannot wait to see your outfits in the coming weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Julia, those tuxedo pants are unreal. So un-Gap-like, and I say that in only the most loving way! The jeggings are superb. I have managed to wear mine multiple times this summer in the searing heat - imagine how fab they will be this fall!

    Excited to see you trying more pants outfits. Was reading in Harpers Bazaar last night that the pants suit is making a resurgence. You are on trend as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you like the bootcut pants - I tried on the Perfect bootcut in the store yesterday, and they were wonderful!

    And I'm so stoked that you got the Target dress! That's 2 Target dresses that we have in common :) Which color did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne, I got the dress in dark blue, like yours. I might be too big but we shall see. *cough* I also got the other style in that yummy plum color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty - I especially like the sleeveless top and the black zip-up jacket. Looks great. I can't wait to see what you end up with and how you wear them.

    I am actually adding a pair of pants to my to-buy agenda too because my dress pants and skinny jeans don't fit me this year. :( I'm still mainly going to be a dress and skirt girl, though, particularly as they are more forgiving with fit than pants are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome picks. Love the military jacket you chose. You totally reminded me of my Gap gift card that I forgot all about. I need to go spend it!

    ReplyDelete