Thursday:

This may be one of those outfits where the individual parts are better than the whole. Because I loved all the details of it...
...like my new Sam Edelman NAS flats, with embellished cheetah print

...and the way the gold BR chain-mail-y necklace sat so perfectly in the neckline of the new red Target top

...and the awesome dolman sleeve and loose drape of this new Textile Junky cascading cardigan (from Target online)

...but as a whole, I don't know if it worked.

I am really on the fence about the sweater. The stripes make me think of an old-time-y baseball player (not necessarily a good thing), and I don't think the inclusion of the stripes is enough to keep the tan color from looking too drab on me. But I love the drape and fabric. Hmmm.
I had no such doubts on Friday:

I remixed the Tiffany-blue Target dress with silver and blues this time. Maybe at some point I will add in a contrasting color, but for now I am happy with sticking with more subdued choices.
And just in case you think I have fallen off the wagon, here is Thursday's bento:

-Salad bar pasta salad with my own cooked chicken breast mixed in, plus one cold Chinese dumpling
-watermelon and black berries
-red pepper strips
-laughing cow and cream cheese spread
-wheat crackers and almonds
I am heading downtown today to do some shopping and meet some friends. I'm still deciding between rolled boyfriend jeans or shorts, or maybe a casual dress. Hmm, might have to do another outfit extravaganza, but without photos this time! Once was enough. :)
Huh. I have that problem with certain kinds of tan near my face, too. But I think you've got enough red there that it looks OK. & did you try the belt over the cardigan, a la fashionista?
ReplyDeleteKristin, That sweater is super cute...The best part is the detail on the back...Try it with pants...I think you might like it better...
ReplyDeleteI think that sweater is very cool. If you decide you don't like the tan, it is interesting enough (IMO) to be a good candidate for overdyeing.
ReplyDeleteI think I might have belted over the cardigan to get a more defined waist. Otherwise, I really like that outfit!
ReplyDeleteLove the second outfit, the light blue is such a great color for you!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Sheila, I might have tried belting the cardigan instead of only the shirt. Although you probably did try that. I do love that cardigan and all of the details that you mentioned about the outfit!
I love the outfit with the orange colors. And i LOOOVE the Sam shoes - Love Sam or Libby or Sam and Libby LOL.
ReplyDeleteI am not seeing the baseball stripes you are seeing with the sweater - I think the stripes give it lots of visual interest! :-)
I like this stripey outfit.
ReplyDeleteYou are right, the single item shots make you look at all the detail and appreciate it even more. The cardi is fabulous, as are those shoes !
I also want your necklace. I'll just email you my address so you can ship them whenever you are ready ;)
I love a good drapey cardigan. Is it a natural fiber like cotton? If it is, you could dye it a different color so that it would be more flattering.
ReplyDeleteThe first outfit ROCKS. i adore it. you look so lovely in the dolman sleeves, you should wear them more often! I'm still trying to figure out how to enable comments on Wonderblood, but I love that you're reading and it makes me really happy. Thanks so much! I'll trying to get the comment issue sorted out!
ReplyDeletexo
Love those embellished cheetah flats, and red and brown on you really works. Not sure if I am loving the Target cardi quite as much as the rest of the outfit? But I want to see more red and brown on you!
ReplyDeleteI like the orange color too. The sweater looks like it could be tied at the waist, is it long enough in front?
ReplyDeleteI like the blue/white dress with the silver accents. It's cool and streamlined looking. If you put it with another bright would you go electric with the contrast color?
Heaven help you with boyfriend jeans! I have some and they drive me bananas. I love the baggy leg rolled up a little but the waist which is low and also a bit baggy is frustrating to me. Jennifer Aniston looks great with jeans gathered at the waist, but it's not where I need extra material.
Ooooooo, Ahhhhhhh. That's what I am doing over your new duds! You look fabulous, and those SHOES. They are so freakin beautiful. The color combo is so fresh, and I actually adore that cardigan on you. I think it is much more Parisian than baseball :)
ReplyDeleteThat blue dress with the white sweater is why I was on the hunt for a white cardigan last week - love how fresh it looks - really gives you a pop of summer.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the blue dress combo! It's a really nice look on you - and the color is amazing!
ReplyDelete