Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday: Classic Piece Challenge

DSC_4430

Classic/Basic pieces:
-AT sheath (navy blue, such a classic preppy color)
-pearls (necklace worn as bracelet)
-Sexy Shoes that Can be Worn for Five Hours (as recommended by Allie)

I added in my purple boyfriend AT cardigan, the silver-and-glass delicate necklace, and Oroblu sheer microfishnets. I almost didn't wear the pearls because I had a hard time doing the clasp one-handed but it was worth it as it ended up being my favorite part of the outfit.

DSC_4431

Correction: my FAVORITE part of this outfit are the shoes!! I had linked a photo of the shoes in crimson in my Fall Stuff I Want post but when I went digging around I realized they came in blue, too. BLUE. I had to have them.

DSC_4435

OMG. I swore off buying any more suede, and I seriously do not need any more shoes for the winter/fall, but I could not resist these. No serious shoe lover could. They are very comfortable, which isn't surprising since they're Soffts. Tons of padding at the ball and the heel. They are fractionally too big in the 9s so I am going to put in an insert at the ball of my feet so they stop sliding and stay close at the heel like they should. An 8.5 would much too small. But I wore them all day at meetings and they were fabulous.

DSC_4429

I love these shoes!

13 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! The colors are great. I think a station necklace qualifies as a classic piece as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh. I want to steal those shoes! The blue color is great. I'm going to start watching for a sale pronto...

    I love the inky blue dress and purple cardigan! That dress is seriously awesome on you. I'm still amazed at how different it looked on our bodies given that we often end up purchasing similar pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those shoes are divine... and your legs are gorgeous! :) Wish I had legs like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, I didn't realize they came in blue. You are seriously tempting me now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bianca, thanks! What's a station necklace? Is that what mine is called? Interesting!

    Kari, I dithered over both colors but since I already had the red patents I went to for the blue. I am happy I did! On a continuation of not every item suiting us both, I ended up returning the turquoise Halogen blazer that you have in red. The color and buttons just weren't working for me, not like the way it works for you.

    Meli, thanks! My legs have always been my best asset even when I was heavier. Just lucky, I guess -- because it sure isn't because I treat them well. LOL!

    Diana, I saw the blue and swooned. They're comfortable, but they are HIGH heels. I love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! A station necklace is a chain that has little gemstone "stations" around it. Tiff and CO (of course) "invented" the idea with "Diamonds by the Yard"..

    So lots of designers do "stones by the yard" or "station chains".

    http://www.judithripka.com/silver-collection/la-petite/stone-by-the-yard-necklace-canary-crystal-34

    http://www.davidyurman.com/shoponline/product.aspx?itemId=Y05JU&folderid=/women/necklaceschains

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a great pair of heels. I love the burgundy color... I should start praying they go on sale...
    BTW... you look amazing, this is a great look on you... those micro fishnets add a very powerful look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bianca, thanks for the (out of my price range LOL) links! That's very cool, I didn't realize that style had a name -- but I am very drawn to it.

    Lorena, the shoes were cheaper at a couple of other shoe sites, but they either didn't have my size or the blue, or there was going to be a shipping fee which would have made them as expensive as Zappos. So they are everywhere, so shop around! Both colors were killer.
    Thanks -- Angie at YLF always encourages micro-fishnets, but I've been hesitant as they seem a little too racy for my office. But I think I can get away with them when the dress is so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristen, those blue shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Ana! I think I need to wear them again tomorrow, as long as it isn't raining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dress is truly amazing on you. And I'm starting to crave it too. AT is the brand? (I'm Swedish so I don't recognize it)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the shoes AND your blog. Just added you to my blogroll. Would love to feature you and your shoes on BDS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Skapamusik, yes, the brand is Ann Taylor. The dress still is available online and in the stores.

    Wow, BDS, I am so flattered! I love your blog, and would be delighted to contribute any way you like. Feel free to contact me at kristen@kudzuplanet.com directly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete