
I mentioned in the comments on yesterday's post that one of the great blessings of putting together outfits as I packed also allowed me to see which items could get remixed during the trip if needed. This one was a great example of that; I had planned to wear this purple balloon-sleeve on the return flight home, but the weather was all over the map the first couple of days and I was rifling through two outfits a day, which I had not planned for. So I pulled it into rotation early and added my short-sleeved black AT Outlet cardigan. You can see I was also doing the two-accessory idea with the long lariat necklace on and my scarf temporarily tied around my tote bag. The embellished cheetah-print flats and Gap skinny pants finished the outfit, taken by Hubby outside the Venetian.

Christmas Eve saw me wearing this green Max Studio dress with the red sparkly scarf, as seen in this terrible shot taken by my dad. Hmmm, do I have a better shot of this?

Of course! (This was Fremont Street, where we went to see the Christmas light show on the canopy. It was weird, and tacky, and wonderfully Vegas in a way the Strip is not.)

I will spare you the shots of the go-go girl elves dancing in some of the other parts of the light show.
Hubby tried one more time to get a good shot of this outfit, but the first few were so terrible I just started hamming it up.

I woke up Christmas Day and felt the need to go with a more elegant look. So I scrapped my purple sweater with sparkly statement necklace idea and went with some of the gifts and new purchases from the trip: the gorgeous black ruffled sweater from White House, Black Market from my mom, new black Dillards clogs, and the new black WHBM purse. I added in my own black layering top, black NYDJ ponte skinnies, and turquoise glasses.

Oh, and the gorgeous 72-inch Nordstrom glass pearls Hubby got me for Christmas. :) I did the Angie-knot technique, which was a source of much amusement between me and Hubby as I struggled to figure out how to do it in the hotel room. Finally it dawned on me to think of it like making a Jacob's ladder like I did as a kid, and voila! Success.

See how cool it looked outside the Beatles' Revolution Bar at the Mirage?

The last outfit I have photographic evidence of (besides the Red Rocks one) is just a casual "bumming around the Strip" one. Of course, my idea of casual was much different than most of the other toursists, since I don't wear sweatpants and Uggs (together, OMG!!) or sports-team shirts. But I am in jeans, my crossbody, and some combo of cardigan and scarf. This was taken at the Wynn, such a gorgeous, luxurious place.

Lest you think I am the only one in my family with a love of bold colors and great prints, here is a close-up shot of one of Hubby's typical outfits. Microcheck shirt, black tee, and maroon pullover, such a sharp look for him!

And that's what we wore on our trip!
Three-day weekend starts today, so I will be back either today or tomorrow with my New Years Resolutions, and a look back at last year's. I hope you all have a lovely and safe New Years Eve, and here's to an amazing 2011! I have high hopes for the coming year; I think it's going to be great for all of us!
You and your husband are pretty snazzy dressers! Love the hammy shot - you guys had a great time, it's quite obvious. :)
ReplyDeleteAre we twins? We went to Vegas before Christmas and I did a post about packing for a trip, too, and posted my travel outfits!
ReplyDeleteThe Auspicious Life
Great outfits, and GOOD JOB HUBBY! Loveth the necklace :) Glad you had so much fun.
ReplyDelete