Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekend Wear: Scarf Score

I mentioned the other day that I've been doing a lot of shopping, and returning, but the scarves I have been finding have all been keepers!

Saturday:


A nice day with friends, getting a pedicure, eating delicious food, and watching Anne of Avonlea. Still mooning after Gilbert all these years later! :)

The melon BR sweater got another wear, and I added my Kohls-Lauren Conrad embellished top, Kut from the Kloth jeans, Naturalizer booties, and a lovely new scarf from Old Navy. It's a great burn-out butterfly pattern, and the grey and black colors really work and make the butterflies less chintzy looking. Plus, it's really soft yet substantial feeling.


Look! They still have them on the Old Navy site! Black, blue, raspberry, green or purple. Thumbs up recommendation from the Scarf Addict!



Sunday:



The yellow kick continues. This is an older sweater from Martin + Osa; it's kind of an odd fit, cropped but slouchy with super-long sleeves and an almost neon yellow tone to it. I love it as part of a casual look, especially paired with athletic grey like I did here. I also added my other new-ish Old Navy scarf with yellow, taupe and grey animal print. (This one is long gone from the site, even though I got it just a month or so ago. Scarves go fast on ON.)

We went to see a girlfriend and her sweet little five-month-old baby, so the scarf came off while I was holding and playing with her, of course. Which I had planned on -- the t-shirt has a great subtle floral embellishment so I didn't look half-dressed without the scarf.



+++++

I have to admit, I am really looking forward to a whole week of casual outfits over my vacation. Packing on Tuesday/Wednesday is going to be fun!

4 comments:

  1. These are some great scarves. I love that yellow printed one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black and white scarf is such a great find!

    I'm always drawn to the scarves in ON, but sometimes the colors are too vivid for me and I'm not sure how I'd pair them with other things I already own.

    I'll bet you end up wearing this scarf with everything you own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you when I saw this scarf on Affordable Scarves, http://www.affordablescarves.com/products/reversible-loop-scarf.html, in the yellow/gray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although the melon sweater is my favorite the winner here is the yellow/gray. That's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete