Sunday, December 19, 2010

Friday: Remix, and Dieting Weekly Wrap-up Thoughts



Just a simple remix of some current favorites:
-Red sparkly infinity scarf, Nordstrom Rack
-Cream long-sleeved layering top, Ann Taylor
-Black grandpa cardigan, Gap
-Green pattern Max Studio dress, Marshalls
-double layer of Target opaque and herringbone tights
-black Vince Camuto boots, Nordstrom

If I can only fit into one of my old dresses right now, I am glad it's this one. The colors give it so much versatility in my closet.



Been doing some shopping, but more returning. I'm sort of between things right now, not just sizes but styles. Not really sure what the problem is, but I am bored with what I have but not really enamored by what I think I would like to buy. Even LOFT is letting me down!

That said, I did pick up a gorgeous velveteen jacket from Talbots yesterday on sale. The great part is the flaps can be worn two ways, so it can look like a Minuteman coat or they can close up and button across. (Click on both photos in the link to see. Stupid Talbots makes it impossible to link by photo!) That's a great Christmas/Vegas jacket for sure!

++++++

So I've wrapped up a couple more weeks on Medifast. It's been getting rougher to stay completely on plan since getting back from Thanksgiving, but I'm trying to do most of my day on plan and then loosening up the restrictive limits for dinner. Hubby went to his doctor last week and they discussed the pros and cons of Medifast and other diets; the doctor said even if we followed like we have been -- as opposed to a full off-plan feeding frenzy -- we should still lose weight. I haven't seen the weight loss part yet, but I am holding steady. And in the face of Christmas cookies everywhere and the work stress mounting even higher before we leave for Vegas, I am taking that as a win.

I have decided for Vegas to continue this plan: eat 3-4 MF meals a day and have one regular meal once a day. Which will include liquor if I want. I'm also going to go on a quest to find as many vegetables or fruits in my daily meals as possible; it is just too easy when eating out to Eat Like A Polack and have only starch and meat.

When I get back from Vegas, I think I am going to finish up the food I have and switch over to Weight Watchers when it's gone, probably in a month. That new PointsPlus plan is just TOO appealing to me, and I am bored sick of the MF foods. It's not even that I'm hungry or deprived, I am literally bored. It's like with the 30 in 30 Challenge, where even though I liked many of my clothes perfectly fine -- and have continued to wear and remix them in my outfits since -- I was bored silly by them. Same thing with the MF food. Tired of soup, tired of puffs, tired of hot drinks and bars and even the brownies.

I think I am ready for navel oranges, Brussels sprouts, and some meatloaf, please!

5 comments:

  1. I'm just now figuring out how scarves work for me. I've got one ready for my Christmas day outfit- I'll make sure to post a pic. ;)

    I just lost my 100th lbs on WW. I don't absolutely LOVE the the PointsPlus program yet because I think the timing for it was bad. (I wish it had started after the holidays.) But I am most certainly continuously losing weight every week. So the program works!

    I'd go nuts with nutrisystem...Hope you like PointsPlus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a jacket person (I work from home, so rarely dress up), but the versatility with the look, wow! What color did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever looked at Zonya Foco's book - Likety Split? That was where I started. I was introduced to it through a Healthier Living Initiative by the Girl Scouts when I worked for them.

    Its a quick to read, easy to use book with a section on one minute meals and five minute meals. Also, a shocking look at what should be in your grocery cart if you are truly commited to adding vegetables and fruits.

    I was one of those who waited WAY to long to think about what I would eat - so the one minute ideas were a perfect place for me to start getting on track. And I have greatly changed my grocery shopping habits using her lists and ideas.

    Over about three years of healthier eating work (slowly uncovering layers of bad habits) I was surprised to discover that gluten is the root of the problem for me. Such a relief to finally meet the culprit head-on! Now, as long as I avoid gluten I don't have any stomach pain or problems. And I have gotten thinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you're looking lovely, to be sure, and that Talbots jacket in the link is covetable to the extreme. I hope the diet keeps working generally working out. I know persistence will be the key. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love that Talbots jacket! I need to go raid their clearance racks at the mall.

    I'll be doing a WW Points+ post in the next few days. I hope you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete