Friday, October 15, 2010

Keep or Return: Fall shoes edition

I am the worst about picking my own boots. I just can't seem to do it. I don't know if it's there are too many choices, or that I want boots that will work in any occasion and that isn't possible, or that I have Bad Boot Eye. But I rely on my friends to find my boots every fall and winter. I will ask my real-life friends too, but since I bought them online it seems fitting I should ask my online pals: keep or return?

DSC_7432

DSC_7433

DSC_7434

Pros: they fit great (over skinnies or tights), love the grey/brown marbled color, love the style and the back zipper, I've been wanting a pair of kind of "rough and tumble" looking boots even though that's not exactly my style, they're flat and I don't own any flat boots, they were dirt cheap which is perfect for a fun pair of non-serious, non-dressy boots

Cons: they're not the most comfortable for hours of walking (not that I would wear them for that), they don't easily slot into my current style, they're flat so they won't work under any of my longer pants/jeans

Close ups:
DSC_7444
DSC_7443DSC_7441

The second shoe is a pair of flat oxfords.

DSC_7435DSC_7436

Pros: supercute, love the laceless style and the patent, perfect for my shorter pants especially when it gets too cold for flats (EDIT: not these pants, my bootcuts!), also super-cheap from Piperlime

Cons: just a flat-heeled version of my beloved Franco Sarto Deers (which I suppose IS THE POINT, lol), squeaks a little...okay, there aren't really any cons

Close ups:
DSC_7438

DSC_7439

Okay, internet, time to vote!

1. Blowfish boots: keep or return?
2. Black flat oxfords: keep or return?

Vote early and vote often!

21 comments:

  1. 1. Keep the boots! They look AWESOME on you!
    2. They look really cute on their own, but for some reason I'm not loving them with your outfit nearly as much as the boots. So I guess that would be a return, but I might be in the minority on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edited to clarify: I wouldn't wear the oxfords with these pants, they would be with jeans or my bootcuts. I was just too lazy to change clothes. :)

    Yay for a vote for keeping the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Anne reversed -

    return the boots
    keep the flats.

    I don't think a constrasting color boot with a flat heel is your most flattering option with pants. I like your heeled clogs much better. Oddly I love those light colored summer boots you have, but they're heeled and not fit on your leg differently.

    The flats look totally wearable to me, if only for runs between your car and office or out to lunch when you need flat shoes to walk in.

    Disclosure - I own three pairs of flat patent leather shoes and one pair of boots, that I hardly ever wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If rugged boots don't slot easily into your style, don't keep them. There are lots of beautiful grey boots out there waiting for you. I have two pairs of boots which are casual/rugged, and I feel like they're a little off with my more feminine clothes. Sometimes I like the contrast though. If they were dirt cheap and they're your only pair for that kind of branching out maybe you should keep them.

    I like the shiny little shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I like the boots because they remind me of my Frye Harness, but I never tuck, only have them peek out from under bootcuts. Not a fan of flat oxfords, plus the squeaking would bug me. First time posting, but I pop over from lurking at YLF occasionally, and really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The boots are ok but I do wonder how much you'd use them?

    Return the boots, keep the oxfords.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already commented on the forum but just wanted to say I love that cardigan the way you style it with the lighter shirt.
    Keep the oxfords whatever you do with the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would return both. Love the look of the boots, but I sense that comfort might be an issue. With these being synthetic, this would be a deal breaker for me since they would never break in. On the oxfords, the squeaking would drive me nuts and make me self-conscious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the oxfords, not a fan of the boot's color. Set out several different outfits that the boots could potentially go with. If there aren't more than a couple, return them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the boots but if you really don't think they will get a ton of wear, even though the price is great, I'd return them.

    Not sold on the oxfords - I think I'd like to see just a little more heel - more like a men's heel?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boots - keep! Oxfords - nah. I'm just not a fan of the flax Oxford - I think it's a trend that is going to blow over. I prefer the Oxford with a heel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I personally don't like the zipper being on the back of the boots such as these have.. and being you can't wear them with your jeans or slacks is another reason I say ~No~ to keeping them...

    The oxfords are okay... but, I'm not crazy about the look of them, on or off..
    My opinion is... I'd return them both... Sorry...
    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hate to say it because I know you are on a mission....not a fan of either one. The boots don't flatter your awesome legs! And the oxfords? They don't look finished without the laces. I say keep looking, you'll find the perfect pair of both, especially with me looking for you as I'm surrounded by shoes every day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the boots! But life is too short for uncomfortable flat boots, so I say return them. Seriously, what's the point of flat boots if they aren't comfortable?

    The shoes, eh, I think I'd return them. I don't think you love them. Or, maybe keep them two weeks, if you are inspired to wear them, then wear them and keep them. If not, send them back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you should keep looking for the boots and the flat oxfords. I think you can do better on both but you are being swayed by the price. I know I have made that mistake many times over.
    san

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like those boots, and I also like the oxfords if you are planning on wearing them with skirts/dresses. So I guess I'm not much help, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love them both!! Especially the boots!! Whats the calf circumference on them? I have been looking for a pair like that, and can't find them with wide enough shaft. Boo :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. I vote keep both. Or else send this over this way! They're both fansatic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When in doubt, walk out. I say no to both. Why would you buy boots that are uncomfortable after a few hours? Plus, not as flattering as other boots and shoes you have. Keep looking! The oxfords are cute and shiny, but the squeaking will get annoying if you walk around at all (and you do!) You'll know the perfect pairs when you find them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are both awesome. Keep them both. I can't wait to see what you do with them this fall/winter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I guess I'm a lone vote for the laceless oxfords. I like the style!

    The boots are cute, but I say return them if they can't hold up for long walks.

    ReplyDelete