Sunday, October 17, 2010

Friday, Saturday: I love weekends

Wow, what a varied set of responses I got here and on YLF about my new shoes! The boots are more than likely going back; I've tried to work them into a couple of casual outfits and they just don't look right. But the oxfords have already become keepers; I wore them on Friday while you were all still voting, and they were great. No squeaking, very comfortable, perfect for cooler weather. I wore them as part of a classic work outfit, but I can see working them into casual outfits too later on.

DSC_7450

DSC_7453

Another neutral-based outfit with a splash of color with the turquoise infinity scarf. The top is a black long-sleeved tee from LOFT, the pants are my Gap bootcuts, and the sweater is my SYC challenge piece. This grey ON open cardigan is another one that thwarts me, I think because I was trying to wear it while it was still too warm out. The knit and the color is better suited to fall and winter. Went with the self-belt this time, which I think helped. Next time I will safety-pin it at the middle so it stays shut where the knot is; it was a very 70s look that I loved.

Saturday was out to a farmer's market with friends.
DSC_7456

First time wearing my favorite cute ON vest. I tried it open and closed.

DSC_7457

It ended up being a little too cold on my arms for the vest, so I switched out to my Gap black moto jacket. My friend Annie got a couple of shots of me outside; love 'em!

f4f7c2d

0885eaf
Checking my iPhone. Typical.

I loved this outfit; I felt so cute! Switched back to the vest later on when it got warmer, but both outfits worked. Also, I bought a bag of mixed mushrooms that we ate in mushroom quesadillas tonight, and some divine cheddar-bacon-chive muffins that I ate for lunch, and listened to a solid bluegrass band for a bit.

IMG_0156
Cabbage roses! Never seen them before.

IMG_0162

IMG_0164
Four kinds of radishes. Too bad I don't like them.

Today I got a pretty haircut and bummed around with my husband, but that's enough pictures for one post. What did you do this lovely fall weekend?

10 comments:

  1. I love that ON vest!!! So cute on you!

    Love the farmer's market pictures - and I like radishes so I would have been all over those cool different types. The muffins you bought sound yummy!

    It was only fall here in the morning...then it quickly warmed back up to hot summer. Sigh, Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...I went back and tried to find the answer...no luck...Where did you get the ON vest?...I love that look...Just can't remember seeing it...Love your week-end pictures...What a photographer you are!!..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, ON = Old Navy. They only have it green anymore on the website, but they might still have the grey in the store. I love it!

    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=61119&vid=0&pid=772140&scid=772140012

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the vest - liked it closed especially! Looks like a great weekend for you. I spent a good part of Saturday with ladies at a special ladies' day at a church. Enjoyed the weather ALL weekend! It was JUST RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have some friends with a big Victorian house that costs about $1,000 a month to heat properly, so usually they keep the thermostat at about 55-60. They have super parties and if you're sitting near the fire with some wine who cares?

    The vest/shirt/scarf combo looks like a good outfit to wear someplace like that where you're inside out of the wind but it's a little on the chilly side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'k, I'm a pain asking about the ONE thing you probably didn't mention, but tell me about those cute shoes in the shots from the open air market? I don't think I've seen them on you before.
    Like.

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look forward to seeing your haircut, Kristen. Actually, I got mine cut this weekend, too. It's great to go into the week feeling all fresh!

    I love the picture of the cabbage roses.

    So glad to hear you are keeping your oxfords! I get a ton of inspiration out of seeing how you wear your amazing shoe collection, and I'm sure that the oxfords will be no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! I bet those oxfords serve you well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it was a good choice to keep the oxfords and to return the boots. With as much trouble as you are having finding boots perhaps making a board of pictures of boots and boot outfits that you like and then we can narrow down what you are looking for. Also as someone mentioned in a past thread, some boots work nicely if the pants are over them with the toe and heel visable. I decided that I really like my cowboy boots that way, even though it is tempting to want to wear them outside the jeans so to show off the boots.
    Also, what in the world is that thing in the picture right before the radish picture?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love the gray belted cardigan in the first look. That's the kind of sweater I could live in. Whenever I don't know how to work a dress in my plus-size body, I just buckle on a belt and suddenly the look is amped up! And those cabbage roses are beautiful! (Do they have an odor? Are they more cabbage-y or more rose-y?)

    ReplyDelete