Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Monday: Walking Garden

DSC_6214

Hmm. The dress isn't technically a floral pattern, but the green sweater and the brown leggings combined with it definitely invoke a garden aura to me! Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, it just seems a little...unsubtle.

But oh my, was this a comfortable outfit, and definitely summery. I am finding myself wearing my flat sandals constantly this summer, and all my peeptoe heels are cooling *their* heels on the rack. Not sure why this is, but it hasn't been a conscious choice. Looking back (and oh boy, it's really killing me to look back and see how much smaller I was last summer)***, I can definitely seeing the difference between the types of "business casual" I wore then compared to now. I can get away with outfits from the more casual end of the spectrum than I could at my job last year, and sandals vs. heels are a big part of that.

DSC_6213

Details:
Dress: Daisy Fuentes cotton jersey, Kohls 2010
Sweater: green pointelle, Old Navy 2009
T-shirt: white scoopneck, BR 2010
Leggings: brown cropped, Ver Wang Kohls 2009
Sandals: bronze BOCs, Famous Footwear 2009


++++++

***So I am continuing to work on it. Maybe looking back at the pictures will keep me on the path; my new lunch box is definitely helping with that too!

DSC_6212

Seemed like it was finally time to go all Molly Ringwald from The Breakfast Club and put some sushi in my bento. ;-D Plus some light soy sauce, tasty watermelon, almonds, key lime fatfree yogurt, and a Babybel cheese wheel, and I was set.

4 comments:

  1. Your lunch is as colorful (and delightful) as your dress. Hope summer never ends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress! I love the colours in it.

    Ha, I laughed at the Molly Ringwald comment (that was the first time I'd ever heard of or seen sushi! back in 1984). You need more fruit and veggies in your lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sushi + bento = absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color combos you have been putting together - so summery!

    ReplyDelete