Monday, July 12, 2010

Friday: Out of clean clothes

Thank you all for the blogaversary wishes! I considered doing a retrospective but I feel like I've done a bunch of those already and I have used the best photos. ;-D

Friday's shots, however, will never be in a "Best of" retrospective.

DSC_6211

Okay, for those of you who do outside shots: how do you not feel like a colossal nerd posing? How do you relax enough from worrying about being busted by passersby that your face unfreezes from an awkward grimace? Please, teach me your secrets!

DSC_6209

I had to do these at the end of the day so I am rumpled and flustered and at that point just longing to put on my shorts and hang out on the patio. The light is good over by this tree at that hour, but it has a weird sideways crook to it down very low to the ground, so I think I look like the jolly green giant crushing the tree down as I lean on it. Hee!

Anyway, the outfit is a remix of a lot of items:
-melon BR summer-weight long cardigan
-white Gap ruffle tank
-brown leather and pearl necklace
-brown Merone Fit straight skirt
-lattice-style brown Walmart belt
-sand Clarks wedge sandals

This is what you end up with when you don't do your laundry for two weeks. Let this be a lesson to you, kids!

10 comments:

  1. This is what you look like when you don't do laundry for two weeks?! I want your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. It doesn't look like you haven't done laundry at all.

    I also love the face lift of your blog. Very summery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour mix! I like the outdoor photography - but I also struggle with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the melon and brown color combination! And I picked up one of these skirts this weekend after reading how much you liked them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never known.... I think this looks great.
    I particularly like the brown and orangey cardi they look fab together.
    I too struggle with outdoor pictures, which is why you do not get many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit, especially the ruffled tank and the way you belted it so high - very pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog. Very nice. I checked out your year old photo and I think you look prettier now. So there. Concentrate on the positives, including your legs. -- Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, I think the outfit is great! I NEED that cardigan :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit! :-) I think your Friday and my Monday coordinate beautifully! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your colors! Such a great combo.

    ReplyDelete