All I had to do was brush it in the morning. !! Apparently bed head is a good look for me. I did make one mistake in letting it air dry the first night; it was a little flat on the top of my head, which a good volumizer and a quick blow would have fixed. I will work on that.
I also liked the outfit; the pants are a grey pinstripe, so it's not as all-black as the photo would indicate. You guys know me, I'm not a all-black person so it feels like when I do wear it, it packs a punch. The turquoise Blogger Necklace helps soften it up around my face, too, which I need.
The shoes are Circa Joan & David kitten heels from several years back. Shopping Friend will remember them; they're the first "heels" she convinced me to buy! When the pointy-toe look faded the last few years, I tucked them into the back of my closet, but now that it is making a comeback -- and frankly I needed the kitten heel height for the pants, and these were all I had -- I pulled them back out. They've held up well; guess spending a few extra dollars on quality shoes instead of Target/Payless cheapies pays off.
Speaking of spending, this is now following me around the internet.
The two-tone brown booties are the ones I was talking about the other day, and the wedge casual booties on the left are a fabulous find from Angie at YLF. Now that I can wear jeans a few other days besides the weekend, and I do have a good number of said jeans with long hems for heels, I think I can justify a fun bootie like that.
I may scrap the fall/winter purse idea for another year -- since none are jumping out at me as The One -- and go for some solid bootie additions instead. And maybe a smart daytime clutch -- it's very on-trend, and the only clutches I have are summer woven ones.
Dammit, the ads win again.
I can understand how you can't resist those boots....but you know, you will get a ton or wear from them and they will last a long time.
ReplyDeleteYeah, the boots are excellent. That two tone leather elevates them, and you WILL wear them forever. The "following me around the internet" line cracked me up - I am being stalked by a few items myself. Hee.
ReplyDeletei switch over to night showers in winter cause its too much to blow dry while shivering in bathroom in morning.
ReplyDeleteMy trick my hair dresser taught me?
Go to bed with wet hair and put a glob of mousse in it. I like the cheap stuff.
in the morning it will look a bit insane but its PERFECT texture to flat iron, curl or brush into an updo.
So with the air drying over night and 5-10 minutes in morning of flat iron or curling it make sit a 10 minute style! and plus since it has the mousse in it, it takes the flat iron or curl well. and its odd but mousse makes you hair easier to comb when it gets wet in shower again.
I have thick hair like i think yours is for reference.