I had all these grandiose plans for today. On Tuesdays, I am what we secretly call "WFH". (Working from home. Shhh, we're not supposed to let anyone know or it will be taken away.) So I thought I would put together this amazing casual outfit, do some fun photos since my neighbors would be at work, and even roast chicken for dinner.
The reality is I worked the entire day on my computer, emailing my coworkers, handling support issues, and putting together a big presentation for executive leadership. In my pajamas, with my dirty hair in a ponytail. Didn't even have lunch until after 1pm. Finally picked up my head out of the clouds when my husband walked in at 5:30.
Not a whole lot of photo ops there.
That said, I am trying a new tactic with my hair. It's so thick and long that it is impossible to style well in the mornings; I can barely get it dry before I start perspiring into my neck hairline. The end result is that I have been forced to stick it up in a hair clip on too many days -- not the look I want to cultivate in the office!
So instead I showered and washed my hair tonight, and let it dry on its own. We'll see how it looks in the morning; if this works out I am going to have to change my schedule to showers at night. Weird.
How was your Tuesday?
I often have days that I'm stuck in front of the computer screen...writing papers. I feel so dragged out and yucky on those days!
ReplyDeleteHope your hair works out ok in the morning! I wish I had the problem of thick hair!!!!
I would love to work from home, any day of the week! Not because of the pajamas but that's a nice bonus isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear how your hair turned out. It is wonderful that you can work from home....since I work with school kids that isn't an option for me!
ReplyDeleteACK, thats a long day! Though it is nice to be in PJs for it, and use your own bathroom for the day. LOL Now if I could get someone to hand deliver fresh starbucks twice a day I would work from home too! :)
ReplyDeleteI swear by the shower-at-night method. I have ALOT of hair, so I absolutely hate blow drying it because it takes forever. Plus my hair is naturally stick straight, so even when I sleep on it wet I wake up to straight hair.
That's so how my work from home days go! I usually don't eat lunch until 2 or 3 and get totally sucked into work and lose track of time.
ReplyDeleteI only wash my hair every other day, and on office days I use a dry shampoo and then style it from there. Saves me a TON of time in the morning, because frankly I don't have the 20 minutes it takes to blowdry and style and still catch the train.
I think it sounds awesome to work from home. I don't know if I would have the self-discipline to do it though.
ReplyDelete