Friday, October 19, 2012

Layering to good effect


IMG_5373

I did some layering of two of my favorite pieces, a sheer Target patterned bowtie top and an older Halogen sparkly-purple cardigan. Then black everything else: layering tee, skinny belt, bootcut pants, pointy shoes. I wasn't sure about the two tops pieces together, but I think in the end it worked well.

IMG_5379

That poor sweater has a number of snags. This might be its last season.

Day/Night #2 of the Night Shower Experiment also turned out well.

IMG_5376

IMG_5375

IMG_5374

The only problem is that it turns out my hair has 22 hours exactly before the roots get oily, dark and flat. So if I shower at 7 the night before, by 4 or 5pm, it does not look good at all. This is a problem on days when I am going out after work! Since I am doing so on Friday -- Phillip's last day, you guys! Noooooo!!! -- I had to scrap the Night Shower experiment for today.

But it looked good yesterday, at least!

IMG_5369

Happy Friday! Any interesting weekend plans?


10 comments:

  1. Hi, Love your blog. Have been reading it for a long time. Your photos from October 15 and 18 aren't showing up when I view. Is this a problem on my end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan, no it's probably not you. I have noticed Flickr and Blogger sometimes don't play nice and the photos don't appear. I tried editing the posts but they're still not there. Sorry, I will see if I can tinker some more!

      Delete
  2. Have you tried dry shampoo at the roots? May be able to use it as a touch up before heading out after work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen.....I really like this outfit. Purple is a very flattering color on you.
    I have the same hair problem that you do...but mine has an even shorter time frame before it starts to look droopy and not so pretty.

    I miss your Bento posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair has a 22 hour expiration too! You can tell what time of day I took my shower by the way my hair looks the next day. I have to shower in the morning though, it just gets all flat if I shower the night before and I can't do anything with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped washing my hair every day a few months ago - as a greasy-haired life-long daily shampooer, it was hard to do, but my hairdresser was pretty adamant that I try it, as my hair was getting really damaged from all the ponytails while running, swim caps, blow drying, etc. It's not so greasy now - I don't know if it leveled out or what, but I can stand to go two days w/o shampooing. And, it looks really good the second day - very wavy and textured. Who knew? I think your night-shampooed hair looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I switched to c.o. washing (I use lots of cheap conditioner and NO shampoo). My hair can go 4 days without washing. It takes about a week until your hair gets used to it, but it will be so soft and manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Washing and color don't do well together so I try not to wash everyday, but it's tricky to manage. If I put too much product on I end up needing a wash just to clear the product. At the moment I like spray gel on day-old hair and I either roll it (I know I've lost you here) or use big clips to re-set.

    I like the blouse. I've been buying those sleeveless at Marshall's and layering them under knits and sweaters. It's a nice way to get a face-framing collar without the bother of a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I lack any layering skills so I am very impressed and intrigued!

    My hair also has a short "expiration date!" I totally know what you're talking about. I've tried the night washing too and I start to feel icky during the day. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For some reason i cannot see your pictures...
    how's your closet editing coming along??

    ReplyDelete