Friday, October 12, 2012

#16

Sixteen years ago, this is where I was.

K-37

Most of the day is a blur now, but I remember laughter. My husband made me laugh the whole day. When I got up to the altar, both of us were shaking a little. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a little change purse, decorated in fake tiger fur. "Rawr", he whispered, an inside joke that made laugh and instantly relax. Then, after, he showed me his socks. Look at his socks! He's a funny guy.

That's why this was our wedding song. Because we both have wicked senses of humor, and so does Lyle Lovett.



Beautiful, sweet melody, winding all around these lyrics.

She hates my mama
She hates my daddy too
She loves to tell me
She hates the things I do
She loves to lie beside me
Almost every night
She's no lady she's my wife

The preacher asked her

And she said I do
The preacher asked me
And she said yes he does too
And the preacher said
I pronounce you 99 to life
Son she's no lady she's your wife

And I can't remember

How I met her
Seems like she's always just been hanging here off my right arm
And I can't remember
How I ever
Thought that I just couldn't live without a woman's charm

And even though

She loves the smell of French perfume
And even though
She walks around in high-heel shoes
All I know
Is I'm the one who pays her price
Man she's no lady she's my wife

And I can't remember

How I met her
Seems like she's always just been hanging here off my right arm
And I can't remember
How I ever
Thought that I just couldn't live without a woman's charm

Yea she hates my mama

She hates my daddy too
She loves to tell me
She hates the things I do
She loves to lie beside me
Almost every night
She's no lady she's my wife



Heehee. Funny Lyle, funny Husband.

Still my favorite series of photos from that day.

k-170

K-31

K20


Happy Anniversary, honey. Again. Now let's go eat some grilled meatloaf. Again.

11 comments:

  1. Love, love, love. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "99 to Life" -

    I'll bet that's the best meatloaf ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Those pictures are really GREAT - and I DID notice his socks before I got to your explanation :)

    Enjoy that meatloaf. What a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! You two were meant for each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Happy Anniversary. As a gal that just got engaged I hope my fiance and I laugh the whole day of our wedding - - that is what it is all about! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Sixteen years is quite a while...our 30th is in April....time flies when you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I love seeing your wedding pictures - you look wonderful. I love that Lyle song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary ! We love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!! I love those socks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Kristen.
    This is such a great post! You looks so happy in your wedding pictures, a genuine happy smile. Love the socks your husband wore. Humor has to be one of the most important things in a marriage.

    Love the song!!!! It's so much fun; what a great wedding song.
    I might consider this song for a foxtrot showcase performance!

    ReplyDelete