Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Funny what a belt can do

Target update: OMG, the Missoni collection is pretty much already sold out online since I got up at 5am this morning. Everything I wanted to order is already gone. There are "limited" stock of a few items at my local stores that I will be checking out, but if you wanted anything you better get going ASAP. 

++++++

Monday brought the heat back. And how! So I got another wear out of my favorite sandal/dress combo.




This time I wore a new fuschia Caslon cami under the grey Old Navy Dress, and added the belt from my jungle tunic on top. My Clarks mushroom sandals, a couple of burnished silver pieces of jewelry, and I was ready to go. I didn't think I could wear a belt with this dress because it had a self-belt with a string bow, but it actually works well with one. Duly noted!
 
I love how either Emily or George loves to be in the doorway when I do my morning shots. Such silly cats!


Daily Food Tracker: Monday
Breakfast: yogurt, berries and fiber one cereal
Lunch: BBQ Beef sandwich and half-order of fries
Snack: mini Reese's Blizzard from DQ. Have you seen the mini? It's about 8 oz, just perfect for a small indulgence.
Dinner: Hubby roasted a pork loin we had taken out of the freezer, but it was about halfway done when he tried to convince me to order a pizza. I stayed firm, reminding him that I not only had a Blizzard but a BBQ sandwich already today. So we had a personal first: he ordered pizza, I ate from the fridge. VICTORY!!!
I had pork loin, broccoli slaw, and a piece of seeduction bread with laughing cow cheese.
Snack: english toffee ice cream bar


+++++++

Not sure what to call the way I am eating now; it's not a diet, it's a new style of eating. Heh, a foodstyle. That's what it is. Anyway, my new foodstyle is actually going very well, and I am starting to see the results on the scale. Down four pounds since I began!

What makes me happy about this is that it most definitely is not a diet. There are days I eat well, and days when I don't. But I keep going, keep reminding myself to get more fruits and veggies in, keep eating smaller portions when I eat out, and so forth. We eat out about 50% less than we were, and we're both enjoying getting back into cooking. Luckily, both Hubby and I are pretty good cooks, and we have similar tastes in food.

So far, this foodstyle feels like the right move for me. More right than going back on any diet. I'm using a lot of the tools I learned on Weight Watcher points, on Core, even from Medifast. But it's real food, it's real life, and I'm not obsessing over eating all my points or getting all my meals in. I'm just eating, better and less.

I'm very pleased.


8 comments:

  1. OK, first - I love the belt with that dress. :)

    How wonderful that your new foodstyle (love that!) is working for you. It sounds like you are more aware of everything you eat, and also, you're not throwing away the day if you eat "bad" (I actually don't like that word, but you know what I mean) for a couple of meals. It's about balance and enjoying your food...no regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your foodstyle sounds so healthy and realistic. Excellent!

    I really like that dress with the belt, and love the pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I got up at 4:00 am cuz I was too hungry to sleep, and the Target website wasn't working...then I got up at 7:45, and it still wasn't working. I finally got on the website for about ten minutes at 11:30 before it crashed again. So, yeah, I decided it just wasn't worth the hype and decided to spend my money elsewhere, haha.

    P.S., LOVE that amazing belt! It was made for that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that term, "foodstyle"

    for me, thats what WW is, and it has been working for me. it isnt a diet (which to me, is something you quit when youre "done" losing weight). it is a new way of looking at and thinking about food.
    eat healthy most of the time with the occasional treat here and there. if you have an off day, thats all it is -- one off day. not a whole system blown.

    youre doing great and looking great.
    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for 4 pounds! And I think a foodstyle is much better than a diet - it seems like it's a lot easier to maintain on the long term, which diets definitely aren't.

    Did you end up getting anything from the Missoni collection? I've got the rose corduroy jacket sitting in my cart, but haven't bought it just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok so in all seriousness I look at women like you with the STYLE SENSE and BELT PANASH and covet.

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I'll bid thoughts of the glass Missoni bowl goodbye.

    Got any pork left? My co-worker was telling me about Korean tacos. I haven't been to the truck yet but I looked it up and they look tasty. One had a pickled cucumber you could do at-home instead of the Kimichi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Foodstyle is a great way to put it! I'm doing something similar... just trying to make a conscious effort to eat a bit better, but without really putting too much effort into it. So far my method hasn't been too successful, though! ;)

    ReplyDelete