Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Target finds and the Missoni collection

I stumbled across this at Target this weekend.




Does it look familiar? Like, say, this?






Linea Pelle has put out a Target line of handbags, in very similar construction, and that irresistible perforated leather, as their regular line. It comes in olive and purple, and is $29.99. Mine was just under $300 from Linea Pelle, and at Nordstrom.

Truthfully, I wish I had known and gotten the Target one instead. Mine is definitely a better leather, but it's actually a little too soft and shapeless; the Target one stands up better, and the leather isn't nearly as cheap as it could be. It felt pretty good in my hand. And the colors are terrific for late summer/early fall; the purple is rich and if you are a neutral fan the olive has some interesting greens in it.

Hmmm. I might just get the purple one anyway. It's 90% less expensive than the one I have! Sigh.

++++

As you probably have seen  around the internet, Target released their lookbook for the Missoni collection that will be starting Sept 13. The whole collection is here. I am really loving a lot of pieces, which isn't that much of a surprise: distinctive patterns and bold colors? I'm in! What does surprise me is that I am far more interested in the housewares than the clothes. They may have done a little overkill in the styling of the clothes; as my friend Amanda dryly asked, "Can you just buy one item or do you have to wear six at once?"

Here are some of the things I will be looking at come September 13:


Yes, I am just enough of a neat freak and office supply nerd to buy patterned folders. You should see the collection I already have in the office. They really brighten up my desk and make me happy.

I need a new jewelry box to hold my burgeoning bracelet collection. I actually have one from Target that is in my car to return right now because it's too small. That blue one looks like it will be perfect.

When I moved in with my husband, he decorated his whole apartment in black and white. I have brought huge amounts of color into our lives, but that's on the walls (currently dark blue and mustard) and the furniture (red). A couple of "neutral" vases like this will really stand out.



When I saw this blanket over of Budget Babe, I gasped. Want want want want for a new summer blanket for our bed! Unfortunately it's a throw, not a comforter, but I still am intrigued. We literally just threw out a chenille throw this morning from the living room.

This is a bedspread, which I like but don't love. I want to see it in the stores, but this is probably the thing I am least likely to get.


How gorgeous is this bowl? Freaking gorgeous. Can you picture it full of oranges on my counter? Me too.

You can never have too many coffee cups, in my opinion. (Although we probably already do.) But these have their own holder! And matching/clashing plates! They're so cuuuuute!)

But wait! There were some clothes that grabbed my interest.

Mostly it's the long cardigan sweater in this look; I'll try on the dress as a tunic but I don't have high hopes. But I could work that cardigan a dozen different ways this fall and winter, with skinny pants or jeans, or one of my black dresses.

The long cardigan again, but I want to see the fabric and cut of the maxi dress in the store too. Just to see how it looks and feels.


Target shoes and I rarely have good relationships, but that little zigzag on the toe box is SO GREAT. Especially with the stitching! I have to try these on, at least.

Have you found anything at Target lately that you like? Are you going to check out the Missoni collection, or are you like most of my friends and could not care less?


9 comments:

  1. I will totally be sharking that Missoni collection. Unless everything's polyester. The coffee cups, though -- they won't be polyester. Also, I have the perforated leather love for that bag, big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The target linea isn't leather so in the long run yours will probably last a lot longer. I'm curious about the missoni stuff because when they had the liberty stuff some was actually natural fibers and some synthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shoes! I think Aerosoles had a line like that last fall - wonder if there's any out there on clearance. I know they'd be comfy, not always sure about Target's shoes.

    And I love that bag! I need a new fall bag, especially in purple, since my old purple bag suffered an untimely end due to an unfortunate coffee accident. I'm sure there's no harm in you having multiple cute bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting to see some of their line! Super cute finds. I would love that longer sweater/dress as a cute maternity top, and the blanket is really pretty, especially if one needs to add some color to the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bowl and the shoes, definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to the Missoni collection. How did I miss the LP for Target collection though? Thanks. I am going to check it out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a keen eye for leather. The Nordstrom bag looks like the real thing. Maybe droopy purses just aren't your favorite. I like ones that stand-up better too.

    I too was more attracted to the Missoni housewares. I've picked up other Target designer housewares on the sale rack so I may hold out unless I really love the colors. I will be checking out the glassware right away!

    I thought the Liberty offerings were interesting, but they did compromise on fabric quality. I'll wait to inspect the Target Missoni apparel offerings before I decide to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I hate it when that happens... you buy something expensive and then a good looking relative shows up for less than half the price :(
    I just came back from the US and went to Target hoping they would have an early release of the Missoni for Target line - NOT.
    SO I am totally missing out !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leather (your bag) vs. polyurethane (Target bag) = no contest.

    ReplyDelete