Monday, September 12, 2011

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, it's all a blur of pants

Boy you guys know me too well; pretty much everyone nailed my choice on Thursday. Guess I should try to be more unpredictable in the future.

Nah. :)

Friday:




I called this my "don't mess with me" outfit. The chains, the multiple necklaces and bracelets, the denim jacket, the skinny pants. I was feeling pretty bad-ass.

Then people messed with me! Boo!!

So I had a beer. Heh.






Let's just say it was the kind of day where I accidentally ate pizza twice in one day. Really! It was an accident! I forgot what we ate for lunch until after dinner. Ooops.

Daily Food Tracker
Breakfast: Special K cereal with skim milk
Lunch: mini spinach pizza
Snack: yogurt
Dinner: frozen olive pizza, beer

++++++

Saturday:
I finally figured out why my casual outfits never seem to look as good as they do in real life; I always slump in my pictures! I think I am going for a casual slouch, but it doesn't translate. So I'll be working on breaking that habit.




It was cool on Saturday, so I "bundled" up for my hair appointment and some shopping. Found a gorgeous day dress on sale at Nordstrom; it's a little too big on top so I thought I would take it to a tailor. Then I stopped by a different department to see my friend Marianna from YLF, and she convinced me to have them alter it there! So I'll be picking up next Monday. I'm very excited; it's a nicer dress than the Old Navy/Target ones I have been wearing lately, and it's one I can layer the bejesus out of all winter long.




George likes my Saturday outfit too! I bought the top and sweater at the LOFT Outlet with my friend Jessie earlier this summer, but I don't think I ever wore them together. They're cute, I will have to do it more now that it's cool enough for sweaters again.

Daily Food Tracker: Saturday
Breakfast: I don't remember, yogurt, maybe?
Lunch: 2 McD's cheeseburgers
Dinner: spaghetti squash, mushroom pasta, tomato sauce, chopped up meatloaf, blue cheese crumbles. It sounds awful but it is it seriously delicious.

+++++

Sunday, no outfit photo because I was a bum all day. I didn't do a lot of food prep this weekend, just another batch of broccoli slaw. I tried to bake another spaghetti squash but it was rotten and I put my finger through it. Bought another one and promptly put too much water in the pan so the squash turned into mush when it baked. This is just not my week for spaghetti squash, I guess.

Daily Food Tracker: Sunday
Breakfast: Hubby made scrambled eggs with chopped pepper bacon, spinach and onions. So, so good!
Lunch: Skipped it because I was still full from breakfast
Dinner: Since the spaghetti squash was such a bust, I had just the mushroom pasta with tomato sauce, sauteed spinach and turkey meatballs.
Snack: english toffee ice cream bars

But even though I didn't prep, we've still got lots of easy-to-cook foods available, most especially a giant container of spinach. Guess I was needing the iron, because that was the first veggie I made a beeline for at the store.


And that was my weekend. How was yours?


4 comments:

  1. I like the length of the sleeves on your loft sweater... and of course that purple top!

    Weekends are my hardest time to eat "correctly." Either it's way too easy to overdo it or I tend not to eat because I'm so busy and then I'm famished. Famished = not always making great choices. Not to mention that all the fall fairs aka fried dough land are starting :D

    Edited to add: my word verification just now? atestuf. Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That purple top is so cute - I remember trying it on at the Loft outlet when I was in Cali - now I wish I'd bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning to hunt down that ON denim jacket on my next day off! Love it. What a great piece!

    Can't wait to see the altered dress on you! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh...your weekend looks are quite edgy chic. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete