Monday, April 4, 2011

When does Sandal Season start?

Here is a question that has always befuddled me: when does sandal season start?

I know for those of you who live in a warmer climate, you're probably already wearing them now, but we have been veering between 30 and 50 degrees up north. But it's going to get warmer fast, and I want to know when it is appropriate to bust out my new and old sandals.

Do you base it on a date, like Easter or Memorial Day, or do you rely solely on the temperature? What temp is the one for you?

I'm putting in a poll, but I really want to read your comments too! Let me know where you live too, and why you start wearing them when you do.




Thanks!

10 comments:

  1. We had some sandal season in early March, but then we had some boot season again. Today it's sandal season. By the end of the week, it could be boot season again. Boot season! Sandal season! Boot season! Wabbit season! You just never know in North Carolina. Well, until about mid-June at least. Then it's naked season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont follow any "you can/must wear X [item] during Y [time of year]" rules. mix-n-match, i say! if you like it, and youre comfortable, rules be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like most fashion "rules" are outdated and no longer followed. I live in the South (though mother nature still hasn't been told it's spring yet here!) and there are those who still tend to follow the "no white after labor day" and other rules.

    As soon as it's warm, and you've had a proper pedicure - bring out the flip flops and sandals!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia's post could well have been mine! Except that I'm in Kansas. Same scenario...boots, sandals, boots, sandals, naked. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the sun has to be at exactly 67 degrees west at 9:00am EST. Just kiddin'. I don't know; I just feel it. (Mostly when I get a new pair of peep-toes that I HAVE TO WEAR BEFORE I DIE.) Dramatic, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a hopeless stickler for some of the rules: the Labor Day White Law. Most of my goofy rules are totally self-imposed when it comes to colors and fabrics for the seasons. Hey, I assume no one else even notices that I rarely wear pastel pink past July 4th. But sandals? I wear them as soon as I can without people asking me if I'm cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When it's warm enough to wear them! I have 4 brand new pairs (2 pairs of wedges, one tan, one black; a pair of purple flats; and a brown and silver pair of flats) that I've been accumulating since January. They stare at me: "Sheila, why won't you wear us?"

    But no. We have had rain rain rain for months and months with almost no sun. It's getting depressing! I want sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here in the UK, spring weather is very variable. We are used to the four seasons in one day which characterises our weather, but it's quite possible to be wearing sandals one day, and rain boots (we call them wellies!) the next! I haven't worn sandals yet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How'd you know I went to DSW this weekend?

    Not one but two new pairs of sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As soon as the new styles come out....
    Especially since I work at DSW and we are supposed to wear what is in the stores, which makes it really fun to wear what no one has yet! And the sandals this year? Really cute!

    ReplyDelete