Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tuesday, Wednesday: In Love with my Bento

Tuesday:

DSC_6312

Suity, for meetings. Zzzzz. (Wore one on Monday too but the pictures were tragic.)

Talbots turquoise jacket, white Martin + Osa collared top, black Merona skirt, new Sam Edelman embellished cheetah flats (OMG, I love these shoes!!)

Wednesday:

DSC_6319

Talbots dress, red Caslon camisole, bronze BOC sandals

A day in the office, at last! Back to the casual business-casual. It's hot and sticky, and both my co-workers are on vacation, so I am working triple-time. After the first two days of suits and meetings until 8pm, I am not planning on wearing anything complicated all week. No half-hour dressing extravaganzas! ;-D

Instead, I am putting my morning energy into my wonderful bento. Lunch is so much more fun with this; I don't even mind eating at my desk without a break!

DSC_6310

I laughed because this was my All Red lunch.
-Garden Salsa Sunchips
-red seedless grapes
-raspberry fatfree yogurt
-red pepper strips
-southwest tortilla wrap with lean roast beef and muenster cheese
-honey mustard light dressing for dipping the sandwich and the peppers

Today I tried a salad again, and this time went big. I put the salad in a separate container, and used the bento to hold the protein toppings and snacks.

DSC_6316

The salad is:
spinach, field greens, leeks, fresh shredded carrot, red peppers and strawberries.
The bento has:
-roast beef and blue cheese crumbles for the salad
-red seedless grapes
-key lime fatfree yogurt
-almonds
-light balsamic dressing

Funny thing is, the last two days I haven't been eating the yogurt, and I don't bring my container back to the fridge after lunch so it's been going to waste. Think it might be time to stop bringing yogurt for a while. Clearly I am not in the mood!

+++++

I noticed I got several new readers; welcome! I do try to post 4-5 times a week, I promise, but this week has been nutty. I have a whole backlog of Google Reader entries to catch up on too! Oy.

8 comments:

  1. Your lunches make me hungry, and they also make me realize how not-healthy I am! But your colors make me so happy!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get a Bento! And have you pack my lunches & dinners for me....hell, I'd get up 1/2 hour early to drive there and pick it up even!

    We need to set up a shopping date....soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delicious your lunch! Loved it!! I'm going to try this salad with strawberries too... I usually use pink mangos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your lunches! You should really try to eat your yogurt; dairy inhibits the absorption of fat into your system, as well as being good for your calcium. I have a set time each day that I eat my yogurt (I dip fruit into it).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to be in the mood for yogurt too! I have been off for a while and just this week have had a couple cups.

    Maybe you ought to go into business for yourself packing Bento's and selling them? (Um, if you do, please to remember this was my idea.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loveth the suit alternative! And I am completely and utterly jealous of your shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have that jacket in a stone color. I wear it to death. Love the bracelet sleeves for enjoying my bracelets. You pack the most interesting lunches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for bento love! I like how you created a salad in a separate container and kept all the toppings in the bento. I'll have to try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete