Sunday, February 7, 2010

Birthday Frye Hunt: Billy Talls

Okay, I returned the blue Miz Mooz ankle boots -- they were much too wide at the ankle and the blue was not as complimentary with jeans as I'd hoped -- and I have started the search for a good pair of Fryes as a birthday present to myself. :) So far I've tried on the mid-calf Harness style and hated them: too wide and the length chopped my calf off at absolutely the wrong place.

Yesterday I tried on the Billys ankle and tall versions, and came home with the Billys tall. I LOVE the grey color, but I am not sure if they are keepers. Hubby says no; he doesn't think I am a cowboy-boot kind of girl (or "cowgirl" as we've been joking) but I would like to be if I could pull it off.

What do you guys think?

Here are close-ups, front and from the side:
DSC_5245

DSC_5246

I love the way they look from the side, but I think they look like a weird V from the front. They definitely fit, there's no gap around my leg. But the pullup tabs widen the line out quite a bit.

Here they are with a dress I am most definitely returning:
DSC_5251

DSC_5252
(See how the store left the tag in? NICE.)

Here they are with the outfit I wore out to dinner with Hubby last night:
DSC_5256

As a comparison, here's the same outfit with my black Vince Camutos (which is what I did wear for real):
DSC_5257

What's the verdict, internet: Keep or return?

12 comments:

  1. I love the grey, I love the side view, but from the front it looks like they ran the leather through a creasing machine...reminds me of the way lots of Texans get not only their jeans but their khakis creased. I think YOUR boots are still out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I don't think these are the boots for you. I love the side view, as well, but something about them doesn't seem to click with you (does that make sense)?

    BTW, I've never commented before, but I've been following you for a while now. Love your blog! I've started wearing layered tights. My co-workers think I'm so creative! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you could rock anything you truly love.

    I think my problems with cowboy boots are just my deal. I have issues, and some of them involve cowboy boots. ;)

    Black Vince Camutos? Hell sexy yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black boots. Return the grey ones.
    The black boots look super with your blue dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Return the gray. They don't go with the dress. Jeans maybe, but dress, no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually really like them! I think with wear the shape would change, though if you don't wear them alot it might take awhile.

    I think they are really fun and casual, but the grey color keeps them from screaming out for attention. I would love to see them with skinny jeans tucked in... though you don't wear jeans do you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the grey boots, but I don't know if they are your style? You tend to go for a very modern but classic look, and these seem to be more casual.

    I really don't like that dress - the pattern at the bottom makes every thing look saggy. Return it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have to agree with R on this one...they are not you and I think you could do much better! Your perfect pair of boots are out there, you just have to find 'em. And, you will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, seriously drooling over your blue dress here - I LOVE that color on you. Remind me - is that a new dress? Where on earth do you find so many that fit you perfectly?

    I kind of see you in more of a streamlined boot (even in a slouchy style, if that makes sense.) These seem a bit bohemian/Western for what I see you wear most of the time, and for a big investment like a Frye boot, it should be something that you can wear frequently. I agree with your Shopping Friend - I think your perfect boots are still waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No offence, hate the cowboys. How about Frye campus boots?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I gotta be honest - cowboy boots that aren't authentic cowboy boots just don't work on many people. Come down to Texas, we'll go to the Justin outlet and get you some ;-)

    The black boots you have on in the pics above are much more "you."

    ReplyDelete