Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Nude Sandal Deathmatch!

Last fall I did some DEATHMATCH polls for a few sets of similar dresses I had acquired which were quite fun. It's time to revive the tradition because I have two pairs of nude sandals that I cannot decide on. I need some outside help!

The first contender are the Franco Sarto Tazers.



On me:
DSC_5642

Close-up, front view:
DSC_5639

Close-up, side view (ignore the shadow on my leg):
DSC_5640

Pros of the Tazers:
-extremely comfortable
-pretty
-on trend with the wedge heel
-the darker tan color doesn't make my foot look like it disappears

Cons of the Tazers:
-the thicker straps thicken my ankles
-the buckles and straps are not easy to put on
-something about the tan color looks off against my (pasty white) skin tone

I bought these first and it was love at first sight. Angie at YLF had recommended them for their comfort level, and she was right. But then I was out shopping with Jess last weekend and saw these Franco Sartos at Von Maur; they reminded me a lot of a pair of cage heels with a zipper in back that I loved but returned last summer (comfort issues, plus I just did not have the cojones to wear them yet).

The second contender: Franco Sarto Atlas.



On me:
DSC_5631

Close-up, front view:
DSC_5637

Close-up, side view:
DSC_5638

Pros of the Atlas:
-drop dead gorgeous
-either the thinner straps or the lower dip of the straps around my foot makes my ankle look less bulky in these than the Tazers
-the back zipper is super-hot
-easier to put on
-Jess' comment as I was trying them on: "You are strutting."

Cons of the Atlas:
-comfortable, but not as comfortable as the Tazers
-the nude color may almost be *too* nude
-holy crap, no one told me they came in different colors!!


I think you can see why I am conflicted. And really, there can only be one; I have no need for both pairs in my closet...especially since I have 3 other pairs of sandals still unworn that I am also unsure about. So it is time for the DEATHMATCH:


As we say in Chicago, vote early and vote often!

17 comments:

  1. Hands down Tazer wedges! The second paper should be useful in the evening, but Tazer looks more comfortable and fitting for daytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta go with the Tazer wedges ... they look great and comfort trumps everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the Tazers and consider the Atlas in another color for evening, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Anonymous: keep the tazers and get the Atlas in another color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the tazers. I think the heel is much more practical in that it can be worn anywear, and you are right about the nude color. The slightly darker tone is much more flattering.

    But the other ones are GORG-ous.... so get the other ones in a sexy red or something really hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Atlas ones, personally, although they do seem to fulfill different functions - one for casual (the Tazers) and the other for dressier outfits.

    Keep 'em both! I'm sure you have room. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wedges are perfect - keep them. I'd do as the others have suggested and get the zipper heels in a different color - that heel looks dressier than a sandal, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tazers are not flattering.

    period.

    comfort be damned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. keep the tazers..they look so good on you and can't beat comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The 2nd pair are GORGEOUS and super SEXY....keep those, please! They give your leg a beautiful line and are really flattering on you, from every aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I voted for keep Tazers; exchange Atlas for another color.

    Reason was the Atlas is almost too light.

    I guess you will have your answer when all the votes are in and you feel either relieved or disappointed by what the gp chose. THEN you know which one to choose. =) Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wedges. The straps don't make your ankles look thick AT ALL. That's the beauty of a nude shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Atlas on you.They look unbelivable chic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been looking back and forth between the tazers and atlas. I think that the Atlas look a smidgen better, but the tazers look like you might wear them more. As someone who just cut her foot up on some beautiful but sadistic (short) braided sandals, I'm on team comfort.
    Plus, you have lovely ankles and I don't think the Tazers cut you off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Either return the Tazers OR get the Atlas in another color and have both styles. You need the Atlas shoes :-) they are soo flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wooo hoooo!!!! The Tazers are winning! Dude, the intersection of high style and comfort is a rare thing. You must snatch it up when you find it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you walked around in the ones with that back zipper? I can imagine them rubbing a big blister.

    ReplyDelete