I let my 17-year-old nephew B play with my good camera at the cookout, so I am finally in some pictures! He took some nice ones with my and my littlest niece S. What a sweet baby she is.
Me giving B stink-eye as he wandered around taking photos of everyone at the pool. If you drop that camera, kid... ;-D
I shouldn't have worried; he did well. He even got a really, really nice photo of Hubby and me.
Sometimes I can't believe B and his sister are 17 already. They were toddlers at my wedding! But they're both growing up, and are great kids. I got to spend some nice time with H, talking about driving and college plans and all kinds of stuff she's more willing to tell her aunt than her mom. I like that she trusts me, and we have fun together being dorky. We always take a self-portrait or two!
I totally loved her outfit, so she let me take some shots of that. Now THAT is how you mix patterns, my friends.
We even did some shoe shots.
Those are my new Dolce Vitas in action. Verdict: love 'em, keeping 'em. The only weird thing about this strappy style of sandal is that it connects to your foot around your ankle, not around your toes or the ball of your foot like most other shoes and sandals. So the feel of them when you walk is the opposite of all other shoes; when you lift your foot, the sandal doesn't lift until your ankle does. As I tend to walk on the balls of my feet, that takes some getting used to. Not a deal breaker, just a strange sensation.
I got a nude polish at my last pedicure, and I am not sure I like it. My feet are definitely polished so it doesn't look like I just have gross feet, but I think the color is almost too nude. Next time I might go with something a little more opaque but still a neutral. I've been wearing bold colors on my toes all year round for a couple of years now; I kind of like the natural look, but I can't decide if it is just *too* natural. What do you guys think?
My middle niece, the 3-year-old S, also got into the fashionista action. She had a pair of sparkly sneakers from her other aunt, H and B's mom. So cute!
The sparkles on her toe cap light up when she stamps her feet, so she tried to show me for the camera.
Her other ciocia (aunt) also found this awesome t-shirt. Only in Detroit, you guys!
Just to round it out, I had get a picture of the littlest one's feet too. BABY FEET!!!!!
Like I said, I love my girls, and I love being their Ciocia Kristen.
Just so you don't leave without a single food shot, here is part of the breakfast I had at the casino buffet that Sunday. I don't see a problem with it, do you?
Fresh berries over strawberry yogurt with homemade granola, and a cinnamon donut. Breakfast of champions! ;-D
More fashion posts coming soon! I have been taking pictures again!
Great pictures - I love my nieces too.
ReplyDeleteI am not a fan of the polish - it's too clear. I've become accustomed to the brighter colours, but when I do a neutral, I like it to actually have some oomph to it!
Yep, I think I will be looking for a better neutral next time. Maybe a metallic or a pinker pink, with a lot more opaque white in it. But I do like the look of the neutral!
DeleteThose pictures are great! Love all the feetsies!
ReplyDeleteI like a color on my toes...think it just is more playful.
So your top - I LOVE IT!!! Where is it from?
Shelley, I thought it was an Old Navy but when I checked the label I saw AB Studio -- from Kohls.
DeleteOh, how fun! These pictures make me miss my nieces, but luckily I get to see them this weekend:)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Hope you had fun!
DeleteWhat a great family time! And there's just nothing like baby feet!
ReplyDeleteI prefer a pop of color on exposed summer toes. I think neutral is fine in the winter where you might only be wearing a peep toe. Lots of women in this area get a "French" on their toes because they want to be neutral and I don't care for that either.
Helen, I am not a fan of French manicures especially on the toes, but I am kind of digging the neutral right now. I think I am going to look for a metallic or more opaque white in the next pink. Something that looks more deliberate, if that makes sense.
Delete