Thursday, September 8, 2011

It doesn't match, it goes







I wasn't sure about this outfit when I first put it together this morning. The colors are all a little off; the steel blue of this LOFT jacket is tough to pair with anything. This infinity scarf from Old Navy is a new purchase, bought specifically to help with trickier blue combos like this jacket; it has navy, baby blue, and olive. In the words of Stacy and Clinton, I wanted it "to go", not to match.

I think it worked.






Target dress: black
Old Navy scarf: navy, olive, baby blue
LOFT jacket: steel blue
Clarks shooties: mushroom
Talbots bracelet: mixed metal, silver and gold

+++++++




This all goes too. :)




Love my Laptop Lunches Bento. It has been too long!


Daily Food Tracker: Wednesday
Breakfast: Special K honey pecan cereal with skim milk
Snack: pomegranate fat-free yogurt
Lunch: half meatloaf sandwich, the last of the broccoli slaw
(forgot to eat the cucumbers, and the homemade trail mix of cranberries, almonds and sesame sticks)
Dinner: spaghetti squash with sauce, turkey meatballs, and blue cheese crumbles for flavor
Snack: toffee crunch ice cream bar



7 comments:

  1. This definitely works! And I think you can pair that jacket with more than you think. Black, olive, and red would look great with it, IMO. Lookin great, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such a hard time with steel blue, so I feel your pain there. This looks great together!

    And I love all the bold jewel tones in your Bento :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love S&C's "it goes" mantra. :)

    Your bento box food looks really appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think black is a good go-with for the jacket. I love that steel blue color but it is hard to pair. The scarf does very nicely.

    ReplyDelete