Wednesday, June 1, 2011

30 Days of Creativity

Real Simple issued a great challenge for June: 30 Days of Creativity. Every day this month, I vow to do one creative thing: take a photo (or many), put together an unexpected outfit, paint a wall, redecorate, cook, do something that stretches that side of my brain. I've been so focused on numbers and reports and problems at work I've let that side of me wither, and it's time to bring that back.

Here is Day 1.



I made breakfast! In my bento! My sister K will appreciate it. :)
Yogurt, strawberries, a couple of slices of swiss cheese, almonds, and a Target chocolate snack. (Truthfully, it took me most of the day to nibble through everything.)

Since I wimped out and didn't make a more complicated lunch, I had a little time to goof around with poses on the patio. Hee.



Being on the ledge in front of the door seemed like a good idea at first...



...but it quickly fell apart.



But check out my shoes! (And Emily through the blinds.)



Truly, the shoes were the impetus behind this whole outfit. They're Clarks Long Ponds in orange; Angie at YLF had recommended them earlier this spring, and I fell in love. But they look best with pants rather than dresses, so I hadn't quite found the right outfit for them. Until today.

You'll notice the rest of the outfit is all neutrals: brown NYDJ ponte skinnies, white Nordstrom tunic top, gold metallic Bobeau cascading sweater, gold and grey stone triple strand necklace. See, not boring at all! :)

++++++

Back to the 30 Days of Creativity. Anyone else want to give it a try with me? I'm excited!

8 comments:

  1. You are so funny! The shoes ... the first thing I noticed. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boring? Never. Not even the neutrals. I think this was a great outfit.

    I'll try the creative "thing". I'll have to play catch-up since yesterday is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! And you know how I love to see your Bento lunches. I'm totally getting myself one for Christmas (or my birthday or some other random holiday)!

    Awesome shoes!

    (in Darth Vader voice) Come over to the dark side, young Kristen. Wear many neutrals and control the force.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Love this outfit and love your food! So glad you're enjoying the ponte pants too!

    I haven't commented much lately but I've been following along and I wanted to chime in and say that I 10000% relate to the food/weight struggles you've written about.

    (And I'm moving back to Chicago and you might see me working at OO in a month!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lunch looks fab! Cute outfit, and I am totally jealous of those ponte skinnies!! Love the shoes, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now see, that doesn't scream neutral to me. Love the entire outfit, but the shoes? I die. Totally into orange this season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your breakfast bento looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete