

Vote now in your head. Answer at the end of the post.
++++++
Daily Food Tracker: Thursday
Breakfast: frozen pancakes with local maple syrup
Snack: Trader Joe's fig bar
Lunch: tuna salad on wheat, Sunchips, homemade chocolate chip cookie (they were having a bake sale in the cafeteria of the hospital)
Snack: pomegranate yogurt
Dinner: spaghetti squash with tomato sauce, blue cheese crumbles and chopped up meatloaf :)
We have been doing very well using up all the foods I made on Monday. I was wondering why there was still so much left...that's right, it was a long weekend and a short week. We've only been eating it for 3 days, not 5. LOL!
Sunday will be Prep Day. I am thinking about a pot of tomato sauce, black bean and corn soup, and veggie prep. We have some great gypsy peppers I want to use in a stir fry or skillet or something...
++++++
So what did you vote for the outfit? It was tough, but I went with this one:
Initially I wanted to wear the black blazer with the purple dress, but the weather is really odd for shoes right now; it's too cool for my sandals but not cool enough for full booties. And I have to really love them to wear flats with dresses. So the open toed bootie look is really the best, but these are the only ones I have. (FOR NOW. I will be hitting DSW this weekend for sure!)
Once I knew the shoes had to be part of the outfit, I switched out the cami and necklace from cooler silvery ones to browns and golds...but then the black blazer looked out of place. This time, it didn't "go". But this taupe-purply sweater from Gap -- which is also tough to pair with, like the steel blue can be, did go, and it brought out the purples and the browns more in everything.
It just ended up being much prettier than I thought it would be. I was pleased.
Did you guess right? :)
Yep. Totally had you figured out. Also liked that combination best!
ReplyDeleteYep! I guessed correctly. :) Looks great!
ReplyDeleteI did, but then I overthought it and changed my answer.
ReplyDeleteAwesome color combination!
Damn, I guessed you went with the first version. At least I knew you didn't go with the blazer, so that's something, right?
ReplyDeleteIt is really weird weather for getting dressed now. Do I wear a coat or not? Should I start wearing tights? Transition weather is so tricky!
I DID guess right! This was fun, you should do it again sometime. I did't connect the black jacket not going with the shoes, but something didn't set right with that look for me...now I realize, it WAS the shoes (color).
ReplyDeleteI totally eliminated #1 because if I was going to be in all day meetings, I'd want a jacket or sweater in case the room got too cool. That left only the other two and I guessed right and for the right reason!
ReplyDeleteI love how you showed the many ways it could be styled!
ReplyDeleteNo, I thought you'd go with the jacket because you've gone with jackets to meetings before.
ReplyDeleteI like the sweater better anyway.
You're doing really well with the food! It's terribly hard to pass a bake sale.
I love the choice you made, very pretty!
ReplyDeleteI like the combo you chose for this outfit. Nice mix for fall.
ReplyDeleteTotally off topic, I have seen you mention Linea Pelle on here a few times and wanted to let you know that her bags are on Ideeli today for like half off. Worth checking out!
Have a great weekend!
Yes, I guessed correctly. Woo hoo!
ReplyDelete