Thursday, July 14, 2011

Copycat

The other day, Anne at The Cohabitating Closet wore the Target chambray dress that I have the twin of, and I knew I wanted to copy her. She wisely wore it without an under layer, which I hadn't done yet with my version, but then the temps cooled from "face-melting" to "reasonably summer hot" and I forgot about it. Yesterday morning, I spotted this Reese Witherspoon "wear this outfit" blog entry over on The Budget Babe, in a cute chambray dress with orange sandals, and I realized it was fate. I love Reese, I love my orange sandals, and two lovely versions of a chambray dress in less than a week? It had to be done.



It cooled off enough that going sleeveless wasn't an option, but I did get one shot of what it would have looked like. With my new summer bag!



Thank goodness it was cooler because I liked it better with the yellow sweater. (Is it too late to submit to Everybody Everywear? I think I missed the yellow announcement by a day!)



I wanted to finish off the outfit with cognac and gold like Reese had, but none of my accessories were cooperating so I went with a dark cognac Kohls belt, and silver necklace and bracelets. And my orange Clarks Long Pond sandals, of course! (Emily can't stop staring at the sandals, LOL.)


Daily Food Tracker: Wednesday

Breakfast: whole wheat waffle with peanut butter, watermelon
Lunch: Portillo's garbage salad, mini lemon poppyseed muffin
Snack: 1/4 Symphony candy bar (afternoon), watermelon and pineapple (afternoon), sugarfree popsicle (evening)
Dinner: out to Zapatista for a glass of sangria and their super-delicious mahi mahi tacos (battered fish, spicy coleslaw, tortillas). Thank goodness I ate so well during the day, I was able to enjoy every bite without guilt.

Well, I think I should take this as a sign: on the days where I eat fruit with my breakfast, even just some cut-up fruit on the plate with my waffle/toast/etc (a tip I picked up from my mom on my last trip), I make better choices the rest of the day, and I work harder at getting more fruits and veggies in. Duly noted.



I LOVE that you guys are posting your daily food intake with me! It's fascinating to see what other people eat in the course of a day, and I am stealing some of your ideas (more chicken like Fashion Addict, more yogurt as midday snacks like Sheila). Keep 'em coming, or Emily might yell at you.



Heehee. Her mouth is open because she is talking away at me.





9 comments:

  1. Such a great outfit, Kristen! I've probably reached my sandal limit for the summer, but I keep checking out cute orange, turquoise, and yellow sandals anyhow.

    I'd post pictures of my intake too, like the spinach smoothie I drank in the morning yesterday, but then I'd also have to post the Klondike bar and Cheetos I ended up wolfing down in the afternoon...oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Kristen! (Found it from you look fab). I'm loving how you are doing the dresses! It has inspired me to think about wearing some this summer too (if it ever gets warm enough here!) All the best, Stacy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your love of bright sandals--I have a similar-looking pair that is a bit more toward the coral end of the spectrum, but like yours, they go with almost everything (or so I think).

    I'm almost afraid to ask, but . . . what's a "garbage salad"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My days go better when I have an apple all cut up and ready to eat for my 4 o'clock snack. Heads off handfuls of fritos.

    Rocky Road Klondikes are in my freezer -- but I only ate half of one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i started Weight Watchers a few weeks ago, so i am facing a lot of the same things you are. so far, 4.8 pounds down! im actually surprised at how easy it is to make the right choices when you have a little bit of guidance, and (like you said) how one good choice is often followed up by more good choices. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, very nice! I like all the color!

    Let's see... I had a fruit and yogurt smoothie for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and a hamburger made with extra lean sirloin for dinner. That'd be good if we weren't going out for ice cream tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, a garbage salad is like poor man's antipasto; some cheese and salami pieces, lots of lettuce, onions, tomatoes, olives. It was my first time having it, and it was just okay. I'll try some of the others at Portillos before I have it again.

    Thanks, Stacy Jo! Dresses get me through the summer.

    Heh, two mentions of Klondike bars in two comments. Good thing I don't like them or have them in my house, or I would be diving for the freezer as I type!

    Eva, good for you! I suspect I will be back at WW soon enough; it's a great program and it does work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do WW online.

    breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs w/ salsa, 2 turkey bacon, 1 slice whole wheat toast, peach, 1/2 c. 1% milk

    lunch- 2 tacos made with black beans (heat beans with olive oil and salsa), lettuce, tomato, and avocado; 1/2 c. 1% milk

    dinner- 6" Subway turkey sandwich, bowl of cheddar broccoli soup

    snack- WW dark chocolate raspberry ice cream bar

    That's a good day. Others, sometimes still not so good, but I keep plugging away.

    Love your humor, your kitties, and your photography. Keep it all coming!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is fabulous with the yellow cardigan and shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete