Thursday, June 30, 2011

30 DoC: Day 26 and 27

I'm winding down the 30 Days of Creativity having missed a couple of days through the month. My plan is to finish out 30 posts of creativity into early July, then from time to time just post things I've seen or done to share with you. The photography bug has bitten me again, and I am enjoying it while it's here.

Monday was a day in which I did things, including get dressed, although I have no photographic proof. I assume I looked presentable.

Tuesday included an 8am nature walk as the kickoff to our quarterly staff meeting. I decided to dress semi-casually for it: Target knit striped dress, Gap blue cardigan (it was cool out there!), Privo sandals.



Having been spoiled by the Botanic Garden, this was a pretty mundane walk. Lots of trees and whatnot. The only interesting thing was the river.



Tuesday night we had some excitement in our complex. Even though I took them on Tuesday night, I'm counting these toward Wednesday. It was late!



That is what firetruck lights look like on the walls of my upstairs.

(There was no fire, thank goodness, and it didn't look like anyone was hurt at my neighbors.)

On Wednesday I decided that I really miss my waist (I do! A lot!) so I would try to recreate it.



Somehow I have managed to pick up 3 different black summer dresses, so I am using them as background for layering. (The rest of my dresses are all pattern/statement dresses.) I really wanted to play up a silver and turquoise long necklace I have rotated back into wearing this year, so I went with all tan neutrals to let it take center stage.

The sweater is new from ON, the belt is old from Walmart, the dress is Target (of course!), the nude cami is from Forth & Towne (can't believe how long those have lasted!), and the shoes are my trusty Clarks Laguna Reefs.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have any problems with the loosely knitted sweater catching on things?

    I have something similar and I'm constantly getting stuck, it catches on my watch or bracelet, it catches on my chair.... I'm about ready to give it away because the knit part has all these little pulls....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't belts perfect for creating a waist? I love the black, brown and tan in your second outfit. And I think I could pretty easily recreate your first outfit. Yay Target dress!

    The pictures of firetruck lights on your wall are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I just went shopping at Target for some vacation items and bought the same dress. So, don't wear it the next time you visit! LOL(Mine is tan and off white.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really miss MY waist, too. Darn it! I should have looked for some new belts this morning when I went to the thrift store. It sure did the trick for YOU!

    ReplyDelete