Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Post Feedback

Oh, man, I have a great group of readers! Thank you. You guys have all jumped in with so many great tips, words of wisdom and encouragement, and just overall kindness I am feeling a little guilty. These last few posts of mine may have seemed like I have been disparaging myself. That is NOT the case; I believe very strongly in having self-confidence and a positive self-image, because I think that it keeps us healthy and strong, and that seeps into all of our interactions with others. But I am going through a period that is prompting me to look at myself critically and honestly in order to re-evaluate and push myself in new directions, be it weight loss or a new style I want to try or just figuring out the right balance for posting blog content.

During this period, I am revealing some of my inner doubts, but my goal is to find new sources of determination and hope from inside myself, not to ask for sympathy or boosts. I do genuinely appreciate all the kind words that you guys have been sending, but I want you to understand that this is more of an exercise for myself than a cry for attention. If that makes any sense. :)

That said, I did try to take some of your wise posing advice about the chins. I think I need to work on finding a happy medium next time.





Teehee!

This weekend we went from two days of foggy, chilly rain to face-melting hot on Memorial Day, and today was a continuation of that. My Target striped sundress, a maroon cami, and my grey patent Privo flats and I was dressed. I added my turquoise glasses as my main accessory; when it gets this kind of hot layering is impossible. Glasses are a perfect compromise.

Oh, and thanks for all the WW tips! I can put together a plan for meals now that I have a better picture of the average points it should be. (Sheila, I am doing WW online so I don't have a booklet. I wish I did, it is so much easier to navigate that way! But I will email you with any questions, thank you.) For those of you new to the blog, I am an old WW leader myself, and I've gone to many meetings over the years. If there was a leader in the area that I liked, I would be a devoted attendee. Unfortunately none of them have clicked for me, so I am doing online. Whatever works!

Lastly, the evolution to adding in more neutrals is actually something that has been percolating for a while; Sarah over at The Daily Sophisticate has been working the neutrals for a long time, all kinds of luscious olives and navys and greys. The colorings are so subtly chic, and they're put together in such interesting ways, I often forget in reading her blog that these are mostly neutral. But seeing that intriguing look expand from one blogger I avidly follow to a whole group of women over several days' time jolted me out of my style doldrums. I do love color, and there are several I will never give up, but it's time to shake up my style a bit and try new things.

Speaking of which, stay tuned for a new daily blog feature starting tomorrow! (At least for the next month.)

And thank you. Thank you all very much.

5 comments:

  1. Me, too! I could have written the first two paragraphs :)

    Can't wait to see your new daily blog feature.

    Re. neutrals, I just KNEW if I hung in there, my neutral wardrobe would be back in style! ('course I'm a lot older than you...) Now all I have to do is be able to fit into it again - Here I go again--back to the first 2 paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, the one thing I love about you is that you are smart, sassy, and self confident no matter your size. I'm not saying you like where you are but you always take what you've got and make it the best. I don't think I can properly express how much it helps me with my own issues.

    Ha! Your chin up photos are cracking me up today. Even my gorgeous 31 year old daughter complains that the one thing she could have done without inheriting is my family double chin. We have tons of photso with our chins pointed to the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a WWers lifetime member, and I'm pretty sure if you go into any location they will just let you buy the guides/books, if you prefer those. Best of luck to you. WWers helped me lose 116 pounds since Oct 2008, so I'm a huge advocate of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would not believe the amount of pictures I delete because of my chins. Well, maybe you would. I like the "shoot from slightly above" angle the best but that doesn't always happen, lol. Hence, delete.

    Now I'm intrigued by your new feature! And as always, it's fun to see what you come up with to wear (and copy - hey, that's flatter, right?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pop of red underneath the striped dress is FANTASTIC!!! Love!

    ReplyDelete