Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I'm Wearing

Sunday. The third day of a lovely, lazy long weekend. I had already forgotten how nice it was until I downloaded the pictures; the work week has not been as relaxed! :)



Olive rolled sleeve cardigan, Old Navy; light denim button-down, Old Navy; taupe ruched vee-neck t-shirt, Old Navy; autumnal-colored scarf, Target; Kut From The Kloth straight-leg jeans, Nordstrom; black flat clogs, Dillards; chestnut leather tote, Gap.



Sweet gray-faced Emily, adopted from a friend of a friend. She has completely settled in now, and has us all wrapped around her paw. Including King George.

Monday. I am back to work and ready for bear!



Black ruffled sweater, White House Black Market; new cranberry camisole, AT Outlet; black belt with silver flower buckle, thrifted in CT; gray bootcut pants, Gap; black Pikilino mary janes, Nordstrom.

No pics on Tuesday, ran out of time in the morning and was too beat up by the evening. This is Wednesday -- had a work emergency that started at 6am. I fielded emails on my blackberry as I hurriedly got ready and was in the office going like a crazy person an hour later. Turns out I can pick an outfit in five minutes or less if I have to!



Black-and-white two-way striped cardigan, White House Black Market (Christmas gift from my mom!); purple cotton top with back zipper, Old Navy; black modern bootcuts, Gap, Naturalizer Bates booties, Endless or Zappos; silver pocketwatch fob necklace, Urban Outfitters.

+++++

Did some shopping this weekend but only came home with a couple of camisoles. I think I have figured out my unease with my closet right now -- I don't have layering tops that fit or are warm enough. Everything has a vee or a scoop neck, and I like my chest covered in the winter! But weirdly, I am not seeing turtlenecks or crewnecks in the stores -- are you guys? Am I looking in the wrong places?

Anyway, that's the goal to pick up this week, and I suspect my closet will seem much more appealing to me once they're a part of it.

11 comments:

  1. Your mom has great taste - you look amazing in that WHBM cardi.

    Did you try the Caslon ribbed crewneck that Angie recommended? I have one and like it. For turtlenecks ... maybe Lands End, the fitted ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely scarf! And I love the belt on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry yesterday was so crazy, but nice job picking that outfit out in no time! And that cardigan is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother and I went shopping for turtlenecks over the holidays. More for her than me. They were not so easy to find. Most we did find she didn't like because the material was too thin...sigh...

    This past weekend I thought I saw some at Target.

    I love the scarf with that outfit. It almost goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in Target today (NJ) and all the Merona layering turtlenecks were reduced to $8. I regret I didn't buy one. It was snowing and I just wanted to get home.
    ~Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh the outfit with the jeans is soo cute and comfy. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scarf! I also love the yellow sweater from your earlier post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that last outfit picked out on the fly is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that stripey outfit! That's a great look on you.

    I loathe turtlenecks - they make me look uber-booby.

    ReplyDelete