Thanks to everyone leaving such sweet comments on my entries this whole week; your thoughtfulness was very much appreciated during a difficult week. The service was lovely, and very sad. But I was so glad we went and was there with everyone. We were able to get through it all together. Then my husband and I got home late Tuesday night, and dove right back into crazy work the next day. Hard to believe it's been a week already!
But retail therapy has been helping, weirdly enough. I had placed several orders before I left from Old Navy, Gap, and Nordstroms. The boxes arrived throughout the week, and on Saturday I returned anything that didn't work out, and ended up picking up a couple of extra items. My wardrobe hole of warm layering tops has been filled. I've been finding some great tops in general lately; I thought it was funny that bootcut pants made a resurgence to the forefront of fashion trends in the early fall, but appropriate length and draped tops did not. For a long while it has still been all skinny-pants tops: boyfriend and cascading cardigans, tunics, etc. Nothing that really worked with bootcuts. They're here now, thank goodness!
Nordstrom
First, I got some layering tops. Laura65 pointed me toward the rib-knit long-sleeve Caslon ones from Nordstrom that Angie had put into her YLF store. They're on sale at the actual stores now, for $19, in all sorts of colors. LOVE 'EM. I got ones in peat, burnt orange, and sunset. The peat one is a great muddy olive green, so useful as a neutral under brighter cardigans, and the colored ones are perfect under all my black, navy and grey sweaters. This is the burnt orange. Wait until you see with black and chestnut, so rich and warm.
I couldn't resist this Caslon bow applique cardigan, marked down from $68 to $29. I debated getting the bright eucalyptus color just because I have nothing like it in my closet, but I have nothing like it in my closet because that green is horrible against my complexion. Instead I got the yummy vintage jade. I love the fabric, it's so unexpectedly cozy!
I wanted to like this Nick and Mo French Terry Jacket in navy -- the floral trim and the crisp navy color would be so great for various meetings as my jacket -- but it didn't fit right at all.
The last Nordstrom purchase were these Franco Sarto Sono "pumps"; personally, I would call them a shootie. I got them in the brandy gloss, which look FABULOUS with my black Gap bootcuts. Word of warning: i am usually a perfect size 9 in Franco Sartos, but something about these are running small and I had to exchange them for a 9 1/2.
I did well here. The layering tees just extended the life of a number of cardigans that I am sick of wearing with black or white layering tops, and the shooties allow for me to switch out my black Naturalizer booties or Franco Sarto Deer oxford and add more depth and visual interest to my outfits.
I'll cover the ON and Gap stuff in a later post. It's time to get ready to spend the day with some girlfriends. I doubt we'll be watching football, heehee.




The applique cardigan is so lovely -- my friend wears many cardigans like that, and I always think she looks quite romantic and expensive :) xo
ReplyDeleteWelcome back - glad the service and gathering went well.
ReplyDeleteI adore that cardigan! Looking forward to seeing how you wear it. :)
I'm sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteIt is time to spruce up. It's so cold here and time for something new (and warm) to change things up.
Glad to have you back...
ReplyDeleteLoved all of your purchases...Glad you let the Nick and Mo sweater walk...
You posted your shopping! I'm so excited!!! I adore the jade cardi and am bummed that the blue jacket didn't work out. Can't wait to see you in your new stuff. Thanks for sharing your shopping with us!
ReplyDelete