Sunday, December 5, 2010

30 in 30 Challenge: Day 27 and 28

Day 27, Saturday morning:



My hair is pretty wild in the morning photos since it was the last moments of unruly super-blond madness. No flat-wrapping this morning, I just washed and dried it and shoved it under a cap. Because not only did I have a color and cut appointment that afternoon, but we had our first snowstorm of the winter! Guess I bought that coat just in time. :)



I loved Saturday's outfit; the taupe really brought out the blues of the sweater, ans the pewter lariat always gives it a nice shine in the middle. Went with my chocolate NYDK ponte skinnies, and had to bust out the LL Bean snowboots for my feet. Snowboots are okay in the challenge, right? Like coats? I think they were.

Then I came home with much sleeker and darker hair.



LOVE. LOVE IT SO MUCH. My colorist has been going darker with every round, and this is really the best yet. I am absolutely crazy about the wide brown streaks on either side of my face. I am going to have her add more of them next time, for sure.



My hair looked so cute, people were stopping me in the aisles of Sephora afterward. Hee! So I had Hubby take me out to dinner instead of staying in. It was still icy and messy on the roads so we walked over to Wildfire for a steak and blue cheese salad (and a non-MF glass of wine, heh). This was the pretty tree they had outside the restaurant. Yeah, we got a nice layer of snow!



Day 26, Sunday:



Still loving the darker hair! Got a little inspired with the last of the 30-item combinations, this time re-pairing the burgundy/rust sweater with the brown LOFT layering top, and adding in the autumnal scarf over it. Cozy and fluffy, perfect for a leisurely Sunday morning with my husband.

Now I'm heading out to the stores to get some more shopping done, then it will be home for the day to work on some photography gift projects and to hopefully finish off the shopping online. What are you doing this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. I am not a typical commenter but, as someone else who struggles with my weight, I have to tell you that you are starting to look visibily thinner. CONGRATS on your success and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair! I am going to go darker/brighter next dye job as well.

    The taupe looks awesome with the bright blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous hair! No wonder people were stopping you!

    The tree photo is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the darker hair! Who knew you'd look so fab with the brown streaks?? Awesome!

    The mere mention of Wildfire always makes me think of their raspberry martinis ... and steak!

    ReplyDelete