
I was supposed to be in a training class all day, thus the jeans on a weekday -- and the preppy scholastic look. :)
This LOFT sweater is kind of weird; it's pretty long so trying to wear it over the red pinstriped Old Navy button-down tunic created a lot of strange bumps along my middle. I couldn't quite figure out where to let it sit so it looked right, and Hubby (who was working from home and is who George and I are looking at just off-frame) kept nixing all my attempts. He suggested adding a belt, which worked...almost. Eh, it was fine and I had to leave earlier than normal for class.
(Unfortunately, when I got there I realized I had signed up for the wrong class, and I ended up having to go back to the office anyway. In jeans. Whoops! But it turned out well -- I got an extra day in the office where I was able to make some headway on some looming deadlines, and I got to have a nice impromptu bonding chat with my boss. She's so frazzled and stretched even more thin than I am I haven't had any time with her lately, and she is one of the really good people. I love working for her, and with her. It was great to be reminded of that.)
ANYWAY. Back to the clothes!
This is the wool coat I bought on Thursday night. I appreciate all the support, but truly I don't feel guilty about it. It was absolutely needed -- and I got in the nick of time, as I just woke up this morning to the snow coming down fast and two inches already on the ground. And the 30-in-30 rules said coats and outerwear were not part of the challenge, so let's pretend that extended to the no-buy part of the challenge too. Ha!

I added one of Hubby's great scarves, and my black Coach bag. Time to haul out the old classic! I liked the turquoise glasses too; just enough contrast to throw off the matchiness of the red tunic and red sweater.
I mentioned Hubby was home while I was taking pictures, right? He even deigned to be in one of them!

We are seriously a pair of dorks.
I have long thought that button down shirts are in a conspiracy to make women look strangely bumpy. So I foil their plot by not wearing them very often. I think you ultimately pulled this one off though, and the red looks great on you.
ReplyDeleteI really love the button down under the sweater and the belt, but I know how annoying it is to have a sweater that just misses that sweet spot.
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at you and hubby, because I have a great pic of my husband racing in front of me in his boxers, trying to beat the camera's timer, hehe.
You and your husband are a crack up! Love the new coat - I want a long one but hate to spend too much - that one is perfect on all accounts. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for your comments, especially on my FF - I'm always interested in what you think of my outfits.
I love the button up poking out from below the sweater. And I love the red and pink combo.
ReplyDeleteThe Auspicious Life
I love the belt! What a pretty color, but then I always think you look lovely in peaches and salmons. Very cute husband-hand, too :)
ReplyDeletexo
That's an awesome coat - love it.
ReplyDeleteYour red with turquoise looks so great!