The timing of the challenge is actually perfect for me; I'm at a weight where only a limited number of items fit me anyway, and I am about to start Medifast on Monday as well. Restricting my diet and my closet -- and my SHOPPING!! -- at the same time may seem crazy, but I think it's probably the best thing for me. I am extremely stressed at work right now, and when I feel boxed in like this I tend to overindulge on giving myself "treats". I shop too much, I drink too much, I eat too much -- and I don't need to be doing any of those things right now. A little structure and rigidity will do me a world of good; if I can't blow off steam wandering through the mall or ordering fattening food, I will channel that energy back into work or even preparing for the holidays (which are also looming with lots of shopping and tasks to do), or maybe even picking up some exercise again (Wii, I am looking at you!).
And if I really need to indulge in a vice, there's always the casino. *g* I love me some slots!
I have two disclaimers:
1. I am allowing myself to "swap out" pants if I actually lose enough that any of them become too loose (I have others in smaller sizes in my closet), but in a month that seems unlikely. Everything else will definitely still fit in 30 days.
2. I have a new pair of black shoes for my shorter pants on their way, and when they arrive, I will be swapping out the metallic AK loafers for them. I put the loafers in as a placeholder in case the shoes don't work with my shorter pants, but I am going to try to put off wearing the loafers until the new ones get here if I can.
So these are my 30 items.
Shoes: 3 pairs. (This is the part that worries me the most. Wish me luck!)

Here are the Pikilinos I hope to be replacing the loafers with.

Layering tops: 6.

Woven tops: 5.

Chunky jacket/sweaters: 5

Cardigans: 4

Pants/Jeans: 7 (3 skinnies, 3 bootcuts, 1 jeans. Color breakdown: 2 black, 1 brown, 1 navy, 1 grey, 1 grey/black check, 1 denim.)

I have to admit, laying them out like this makes me nervous. What if I need a different layering top? Why didn't I include any camisoles? Or boots?! Am I going to regret not including one of my two dresses?
But that's what a challenge is for -- to challenge myself. So even though it is a restrictive amount of clothes, it will actually push me to be more creative with my combinations -- or I will just wear the same thing over and over again for a month. Either way, I am in it for the next 30 days! Hope you stick around and see how I do :)
Ooooooh, look at the list of bloggers participating! Holy smokes, that is a lot of people.
Good luck with your weight loss journey, I started last week, weigh in is on Tuesday, it'll be my first one.
ReplyDeleteOne day, I may feel brave enough to try the 30 for 30 challenge, but not just yet, however, I'll keep visiting to see how y'all do it.
Have a fabulous week.
How exciting to be doing this challenge while you're also challenging yourself with your weight loss! Good for you, Kristen! I know you'll do great with both.
ReplyDeletehello fellow 30 for 30 remixer! good luck, i look forward to following your mixes! :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a good mix.
ReplyDeleteSeems to me you have chosen some versatile pieces and should have no trouble completing the challenge! I'll look forward to checking in to see how you do it.
ReplyDeleteAs I mentally envisioned the challenge, I realized this IS just about my reality! Although it doesn't result in exciting 365 days of "virgin" fashion blogging, it makes sense for my budget and lifestyle.
Wow, 30 items isn't a lot, is it? I feel your panic!At the same time, it's only 30 days, you'll be losing weight during that time, and you can do it!
ReplyDeleteGood luck today with all of the beginnings.
Even with a full closet, I think most of us wear 30 items regularly. I always like to see the pictures of a capsule wardrobe. I'm right there with you on the weight loss commitment---Tina
ReplyDeleteHey there, fellow remixer! Can't wait to see all of your outfits! And love love love that polka dot blouse!
ReplyDeleteOh what fun to see you are in the challenge too. I didn't get my 30 items up till today. That was a learning experience in itself! I left my boots out too as it's still not that cool yet here. I hope I don't regret it.
ReplyDeleteOn the question, "Why didn't I include any camisoles?", could they maybe count as underwear
ReplyDelete? I'm just saying, it's not like you're wearing them as actual tops without stuff layered all on top of them. In temperatures that drop below 50 deg F, I think camisoles should definitely count as underwear.