

Paired it with a pale pink tee from Loft, my go-to ON grey vest, and black-and-grey checked pants. Obviously I liked this more in person than in the camera, but I think I need to stick with skinny-leg pants for this vest in the future. It's too chunky for a wider leg.
Friday was one of my most favorite combos in a long while:

(I am teasing George out of frame here.) The fabulous burgundy sweater from Kohls, my favorite Loft polka-dot ruffled top, paired with new skinny ponte pants in a rich chocolate brown color. The brand is Not Your Daughter's Jeans, recommended by Marianna over on YLF. Not a brand I would normally try, but I really love them. They're highwaisted which takes some getting used to, but they have a nice girdling effect without cutting off my oxygen. They were on sale on the Nordstrom website for $49; got them in black and brown for the winter. Love! Since it was Friday I went casual with my brown suede heeled clogs, mmmmmm, yay fall shoes.

Oh, and the scarf! It's a SYC Item, never even been worn until yesterday! A rich teal cotton number I picked up at Ann Taylor Factory about a year ago but I kept waiting for the right moment. It's wide, almost like a sheer shawl, and the fringe was excessively long. Then when I was reading Maria at Color Me Happy's shopping excursion with Angie, the lightbulb went off: I should cut off the fringe and wear it like a real scarf! Doy!

Love the colors together so much.
+++++++
I've had a few inquiries about my scarves. Like I said, I've been collecting them for years; they're the only clothing item that fits no matter what your weight, so I've never really gotten rid of any. Some colors and styles are only for certain seasons, but I keep them all together in my closet. I used to hang them together on wooden hangers and keep the smaller ones in a small drawer, but I finally conceded defeat and consolidated them into one big drawer together in a riot of colors and styles. Picking one out in the morning is a blast.
(These photos are from February. I have a few more now.)




I pick them up everywhere: Kohls and Target, Ann Taylor, gift shops (got one at the zoo once), tiny boutiques, Von Maur, Forth & Towne, you name it. I rarely spend more that $25 on one, but if it's a gorgeous pattern I might. There is not a store that I've been to that I haven't perused the scarf rack; even Zara where nothing fits me had that great red polka-dot scarf I love. Sometimes they have been shawls or scarves bought for special occasions but I end up keeping the scarf forever.
Hope you like them because I tend to wear them a lot when the weather is cool. Like right now! :)
I just wrote a long comment and it got lost, boohoo. Let's start over and please don't get lost.
ReplyDeleteOk, love the ponte knit pants, great buy!
The colors you wear are always intriguing and beautiful. I love the rust and teal. If the cardigan is burgundy rather than rust, still gorgeous.
What a riot of scarves! Gorgeous, precious charms. I wish I had room to display my collection, which is nowhere as many as yours, but it's fun to be able to see them. I love wool, and silk scarves.
I must know what the stone is in your necklace? Chalcedony? I love, and want!
san
What an amazing scarf collection! I think scarves are probably one of my favorite accessories - they're always so cozy.
ReplyDeleteI love that polka dot ruffle top of yours so much! And the deep red and teal with it looks great too.
ReplyDeleteYou win for the most incredible scarf collection...and you rock them !!
ReplyDeleteYAY! So glad they worked out for you! The girdling effect is weird at first but now I love it! Sucks everything in! They look great on you. Isn't the length nice too?! :)
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, Kristen, your scarf collection is so inspiring. Here I was thinking that I needed to downsize mine, but can't bear to!
ReplyDeleteI love the ponte pants and am so envious. They are totally gone in my size. :(
P.S. Thanks for your feedback and encouragement about my pants issue. I'm definitely not giving up on jeans since I have some denim/white/black jeans that work well, but I'm totally reconciled to not wearing dress pants for work (or ponte pants, since I haven't managed to find any that I like either.) It's just too much trouble.
ReplyDeleteI am so inspired to wear more scarves this year. You are inspiring. I like the idea of hanging scarves on hangers instead of hiding them away. I've just got to find a way to arrange them where my cat won't attack them as she loves my closet.
ReplyDeletePS I just ordered a $15 ecru scarf from Amazon that I'm hoping will work to color block my patterned tunic.
Love the color combo! That tiered top is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteLove seeing your scarf collection. I sometimes feel bad that I have so many myself, but now I don't. :-)
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I am going to show this post to my husband next time he tells me I have too many scarves.... what an amazing collection !
ReplyDelete