
I think I am finally getting the hang of the long tunic top look.

This is actually a red-striped tuxedo top from Old Navy; they were having an in-store sale on them for $10 this weekend; I picked up this one and one in white. Can't even find them on the website!
Anyway, the super-preppiness of the pattern was just begging for a short-sleeved black cardigan to cover it, but when it came time for a scarf or necklace, I wavered over a couple of choices. A simple black skinny scarf one: a little bit 80s punk, a little bit Annie Hall. I could have gone with my grey Cons but they're not as comfortable and cute as my embellished cheetah flats.

I loved this. Didn't even mind going into the office for a few hours today!
Saturday was spent returning a ton of stuff, and buying a lot more. Gotta get ready for more exec meetings, and winter is fast coming. More layers, more sweaters, and the boot hunt continues!
How did you spend your weekend?
Fun - I can't wait to see what you got over the weekend. Any good boot candidates in the running? I like the look of the shorter-sleeved boyfriend sweater over the longer shirt with scrunched up sleeves.
ReplyDeleteI saw the Full Monty this weekend! (More about that tomorrow.)
Kristen, Now I can see why I was having trouble with my flowy flowery tunic.
ReplyDeletehttp://fashionablylateboomer.blogspot.com/2010/10/make-it-work.html
It is the vertical color blocking that you did with your tunic that makes the difference. Looks fab! :)
Love that look and that tunic.I think the added scarf is what made that look totally yours.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the new stuff you bought, is always so much fun and you always find some cute shoes and boots that I can feast my eyes upon.
This weekend I went to howled with the wolfs at the Toronto Zoo.Great fun!
Love your scarves in the previous post - such a great riot of colour!
ReplyDeleteI had a nice quiet weekend - yay!
Loving the short-sleeved cardigan over the long-sleeved button-down! Genius!
Really cute the way you put that outfit together. A bit of the Annie Hall look is great - so stylish!
ReplyDeleteomg, i love this outfit! :) and the scarf goes simply perfectly with the rest! :)
ReplyDeletehugs (enter my giveaway! :) )
http://lemontartsweetheart.blogspot.com/
Super fun look!
ReplyDelete