Friday, March 26, 2010

Thursday: Whole Lotta Scarf

Dorkiest pose yet! I'm calling this one "Lead Arms".

DSC_5559

This is my new red polka-dot cotton scarf from Zara. I am thinking this will probably be my one and only purchase from them, so I am going to make the most of it! It is yards and yards of fabric, but I love the polka dots, the rusty red color and most of all, the cute embroidered hem.

DSC_5561

I ended up unconsciously mimicking Kimberly at Fab Finds under $50 by going with dark neutrals and letting the accessory take center stage. This is a cheap-o black t-shirt dress from BR bought many moons ago; it was my very first purchase from BR and I was super-excited because I had never fit into anything in the store before. It's an XL and hangs like a blanket on me, but it's great when I want a volume unfancy something to use as a canvas for the rest of my clothes. I added my grey Martin + Osa bf cardigan, grey striped Spanx tights (it was blustery and 40, ugh), and my fun plaid Naturalizer heeled oxfords. Hee, these are a 4-inch heel. I tower over my husband when I am in these, and he is not a short guy! :)

DSC_5560

In honor of my pal Sheila at Ephemera, I even did a details shot!

DSC_5564

(I added my faux-turquoise cuff bracelet just to add another splash of color. Not a combo I would normally have thought of, but I liked it!)



P.S. Thank you all so much for your kind words yesterday! I would say more, but...that would sort of defeat the purpose about not talking about it. :) But it meant a lot to me, so thank you.

13 comments:

  1. Yay polka dots! I've worn my scarf three times this week -- goes with everything, who knew? Have a great weekend, scarf twin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf is luscious, and I love how you've styled it! Zara's sizes are insane. I wear a size 8/10 in other brands, but my Zara blazer is an XL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's SOME scarf! It IS a lot of fabric--beautiful fabric.

    I just returned from grocery shopping. We have a chain called Meijer. As I passed the lady's clothing section to check out, I noticed several dresses near the aisle that look like your "Kohl's" dresses! One of these days, I'm going to have to stop at Kohl's or at least try these at Meijers on when I'm there for other things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The faux-turquoise cuff is such a fun addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the scarf pops the red in the shoes! Gorgeous look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love your Sheila-esdue details shot! Very funny. And I LOVE that scarf -- it's volume is just stunning, and I really enjoy the way you put it with the neutrals...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great scarf indeed! I love the colors/textures/patterns mix today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca, I am not surprised to hear they are sold at Meijer. Meijer sells everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOve the faux-turquoise cuff. Can you tell me where you got it? It would match a dress I have been trying to accesorize perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo pretty that is a huge statement scarf !
    Great combination... and i kinda recognize that "Sheila style" pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sera, I got the cuff at AT Factory last year so I suspect it is long gone. It's actually pretty cheap; the elastic keeps snapping between the pieces and it's on its last legs. Next time I think I might spring for a more durable piece.

    ReplyDelete