Sunday, October 10, 2010

Friday: I love mustard, and a Hot Shopping Tip

DSC_7412

Amusingly, this outfit started out life as this one, but the sweater wasn't fitting right and everything sat on me wrong. Plus we had an unexpected blast of heat, and a short-sleeved sweater seemed like a good idea. But I wanted to keep the mustard color idea of the original outfit, so I dug out a Target tank top that I thought I would wear all the time for layering and yet I never do. Maybe I will more often after this! Add in my pretty cabbage-rose silk J Crew Outlet scarf (SYC Challenge item, hasn't been worn in almost a year!), patent peeptoe heels (thank goodness I hadn't put them away yet), and I was good to go!

DSC_7411

DSC_7416

For completion's sake, the pants are the Gap tall modern bootcuts in grey, and the sweater is black from Ann Taylor Factory.

++++++

Hot shopping tip for my readers: if you are on the lookout for a cute funky top for under cardigans and jackets for the fall, please go check out this Lauren Conrad top at Kohls. I got it in the ivory, but only because I had no idea it came in this wonderful teal too! I convinced one of my co-workers to get it, and she looks great. I am trying to cut down on buying multiples of the same thing in different colors, so you can all quench my obsession and buy it for yourselves!

*cough* I may be considering this one for myself as a tunic top. I have to try it on and see how good/bad those pockets are on my hips. It looked super-cute at the store though!

(The Chanel-esque jacket from Kohls is getting returned. I've tried it with several tops and it always looks too boxy. Same with the light-grey ON sweater.)

12 comments:

  1. You must have a treasure chest of pieces in your closet. That scarf is adorable. It really completes the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can pull things together so well - that shot of mustard makes the outfit!

    I'm not working right now and can't justify a lot of clothing purchases, but I do love it when you recommend certain items, so please, keep doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you store your scarves? That one has a lot of good cool weather colors. If you haven't worn that in a year I have to ask whether you store them someplace where you can easily see them. Out of sight, out of mind is a big thing for me with my wardrobe. Sometimes I forget I own things until I'm shopping and something I like seems awfully familiar.

    I LOVE that sweater dress. I think it goes without saying that pockets like that are NOT for putting anything bulkier than a tissue into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is way super cute on you. I seriously love it, and I especially love the mustard cami for fall. Good stuff lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mustard accent was super! I like the way you tied the scarf, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot about that pretty scarf, but it looks wonderful with mustard. Love it!

    Thanks for the tip about Kohl's! I'm literally a block away from one at work, but for some reason rarely poke my nose in. You find so many great items there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous as always! A scarf can really add so much, can't it? I love these pants on you too. "Tall" and "modern" indeed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how this came out.
    I have to say that I adore the scarf, looking good !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the outfit...bought the target skirt with the shorts. Will be a good thing to keep as a fallback piece. I just discovered your site and am getting lots of good style ideas. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone!

    Rose, I keep the long scarves hanging in my closet and the shorter ones in a open basket so they are always visible, through all the seasons. But I have a ridiculous number of them, as they are the one item that fits no matter what my size, so I have been buying and keeping them for year. So I can go a long time between wearing some of them unfortunately.

    I tried on the sweater dress; the pockets were the least of the problems with it, so it was a no go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic way to tie that scarf! I absolutely love it! At first I thought it was a tie neck top.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tip. I bought both colors in LC top. Where do you like to shop for scarves? I love your collection. you do a great job with them.

    ReplyDelete