Monday, September 27, 2010

Stuff I Bought: Fall 2010

That wonderful crisp autumn feel to the air arrived this weekend, and it made me realize all my sweaters are lightweight summery ones. Whoops! The heavier stuff is about to hit the stores, but they're already at Kohls. I found a couple of pieces I think will be very versatile with my new pants looks.

Speaking of which, I picked up yet another pair of Gap modern bootcuts, this time in black. They're not on sale dammit, but they had my size in the store so I snapped them up. Even the full price is pretty reasonable compared to a lot of other stores ($59).

You will see all of these added into my daily outfit photos, but I also wanted to show them just on the hanger. Because you never know what the next perfect piece is going to look like in the store, so you have to try things on!

DSC_7352

At Kohls, I found a lovely cranberry-colored open cardigan with a seam at the waist and a nice flowing, heavier feel to it. A chunky knit without being too chunky.

DSC_7354

Next up was a "Chanel"-esque jacket-style sweater. I liked the ribbon piping and the cozy feel to it. It will work with work and casual outfits, no question.

DSC_7358

Lauren Conrad has some unexpectedly nice pieces. I loved the way this draped on me, and am looking forward to layering it under many of my sweaters.

DSC_7355

I have such a scarf addiction. But they are all colors and bright patterns, almost no neutrals. I picked up this one at Target last week, and then I saw one exactly like it at Ann Taylor three days later at double the price. I like mine better.

DSC_7362

The elusive tote bag has finally been found! Picked this up at DSW when I got my heeled clogs and metallic loafers. I was thinking I wanted a leather tote, but in truth a nylon one is much more functional in our crazy weather. It's not as shiny as it seems under the flash. Also, I think it's reversible; it is black with the grey pockets on the inside. Shopping Friend, is that correct?

DSC_7359

Also did a little home decor shopping. We have been looking for the perfect table lamps for our living room forever. I think I finally found it at Target.

DSC_7365

I bought two, but there was only one of the barrel lamp shades, so I also bought two regular cylindrical ones. We're undecided if and where we will put the second lamp in here. But the first one is perfection.

Lastly, we bought some toys, food and a new flowing water container for Miss Emily. She has been pretty much under the bed since we brought her home, but she has begun to peek her head out this morning, finally. Poor little thing is still a little disoriented and scared. But we are all patiently waiting for her to trust us, even George!

This has been all we've seen of her since Saturday.

DSC_7363

Poor little thing!

12 comments:

  1. I really like the "lines" and color of your new cardigan - and I can't get enough black, so I think the slacks are great! Looking forward to seeing them up close and personal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we'd get a little crisp air. The middle Atlantic states are still humid ... not at hot but still too humid to be tempted by anything warm to wear. I really like the white Lauren Conrad top. You will find many outfits to go with that. I'll start my seasonal change from summer to fall/winter this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some cute items there - good basics!

    Aw, poor little Emily - she looks very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so glad you got the GAP bootcuts - and in store, what a find!

    Emily is adorable. Hope we get to see the rest of her soon. Will she come out to eat, at least?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Emily is beautiful. I know you are still missing Sophie, but I hope that you enjoy the experience of having a new kitty in the house as she gets more used to you.

    GREAT finds from Kohl's! I'm especially crazy over the Chanel-esque jacket and the cardigan. Look forward to seeing them on you as well, Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee, love the darling kitty pic.

    Very cool Target scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute buys - love the cranberry sweater especially - can't wait to see how you put everything together!

    Emily has that "if I close my eyes you can't see me" look on her face...hopefully she'll relax and come out and play soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily is a gorgeous cat! Hope she comes out of the shadows soon... but you can't rush them eh. She looks very much like my cat, Tiikeri (Tiger in Finnish).

    So.... are you going to remove something from the wardrobe in exchange to putting the new items in - or will they all fit perfectly?

    FYI I constantly aim to have no more than 30 items of clothing in my wardrobe, plus lots of shoes and jewellery. of course!

    All the best, Jxxnx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll join the 'I bought GAP pants at full-price' club with you.

    I'm short, curvy and a size 12. Sometimes I'll try the pants on in the store and HAVE to order them because they don't have my length. If I find them in the store I buy them -- saves the cost of shipping.

    Generally they're well made and with decent care, I often dry clean cotton pants, will usually go out of style before they fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that jacket! I have been been eyeballing one that are similar online for days. Very nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some really nice items !!!!!!
    Can't wait to see you wear them :)
    I have to say I particularly have my eye on that gorgeous scarf...
    Did you check the labels on where these are made ?
    I am doing a challenge this week, where I look at the label of anything I wear, eat, use... it's just to see where stuff is coming from :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE the Lauren Conrad shirt!

    ReplyDelete