
Somedays I just feel like wearing black. I don't do it often, but when I do I like to go all out. I had on colored tops underneath the dress at first, but I was craving the starkness of black and white. The grey continued the neutral starkness, added just enough gradiation and texture in the heavy pewter necklace and sweater coat to keep it from disappearing in a photo.
The SYC Challenge item is the sweater coat. Got it last winter from H&M, and I wore it to death. Funny, I always thought of it as a great layering piece for when it was really cold, but it worked great as a short-sleeved overpiece on Friday. I almost wore boots with the outfit but it was too hot. Heh, too hot for boots, cool enough for a long chunky short-sleeved knit. Crazy early fall weather!

Shirt: white ruched neck, LOFT
Dress: black Apt. 8 sundress, Kohls
Leggings: black long cotton leggings, Vera Wang at Kohls
Shoes: Sam Edelman cheetah embellished flats, Nordstroms
Necklace: pewter lariat, Banana Republic
Sweater: grey chunky knit, H&M
Here are some other ways I have worn the sweater:





Hunh, I was wearing it from February to June. Didn't realize how deep into summer we got before I put it away!
+++++
This weekend is a weekend of big changes. Went to get my hair colored last night, and impulsively said to the girl I wanted to go darker. I got my wish! It is much, much darker than it was. I...I think I like it. We shall see once I get a few outfit photos taken; it's easier for me to really *see* myself in outfit photos than it is in the mirror.
The second big change is that we are acquiring a new second cat. A friend of a friend has to give up one of his 3 pets, and so Emily is looking for a new home. I'm told she is very sweet and cuddly, with super-soft fur like George's. Introducing the two of them and seeing how they get along will be the bulk of my weekend. I am hoping for a positive outcome; George deserves a companion who wants him around and who likes him. Sophie held her ground and never warmed to him, even after seven years together. He's due some fellow-kitty kindness.
But boy, I still miss Sophie. Not quite sure I am ready for a new cat, but the timing is too good to pass up and if Emily is as sweet as advertised I would hate to miss out. So we shall see! I deserve some kitty kindness too.
Good luck with Emily and George. I think of all the variations of your sweater with outfits, I like the yellow turtleneck and boots best. I really like the silhouette!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a winner to me!
ReplyDeleteI think it's good to go darker hair-wise with fall coming on.
I always debate when I get something I wear all the time, like you and the sweater, whether I should get something else with that same style, or whether that would be overdosing on a particular style.
How fun - you make that sweater coat look so different with all of the ways you wear it...very versatile piece.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the cats - you never know, and hey - George may be lonely enough to be happy to see Emily!
Can't wait to see Emily ... do you think she will be photo-shy or a ham? Hope your busy day went well and thanks for the interview outfit help yesterday!
ReplyDeletexx L.
Rachael and Lynn, thanks! So far Emily is still hiding and missing her home, but she's beginning to pop her head out a few times. I feel so bad for her!
ReplyDeleteRose, I tend to overdose on a style once I find one I like (witness my enormous collection of dresses and boyfriend cardigans) but with chunky long knits like this, I like each one to be distinctive so I don't like to duplicate it.
Shelley and Laura, you guys would not BELIEVE how patient George is being while Emily is still in hiding. Boy, he has changed so much since Sophie died, and honestly, it's been all for the better. I guess it forced to grow up, in a way.
Ooh, I can't wait to see your new hair.
ReplyDeleteAw, a new kitty companion. Cool. I hope George and Emily get along. Our poor Inigo still misses Othello, but with our roof work still ongoing, we're holding off on a new kitten until that's done (another 4 weeks, probably). But by then, there won't be any more kittens, so now we're thinking of holding off till spring. *sigh* I really want another cat in the house.
Look forward to seeing the hair! I'll bet the darker color is pretty on you. My mom, who had blonde hair that was slightly darker than yours, had her hair dyed a little darker last time and we all LOVED it.
ReplyDeleteYou are right about that cardigan. It's really not a salmon color. How about pumpkin pie? ;)