ANYWAY. I tried the pink top again, and this time there was success!

Tucking it in made a world of difference, and it brings the focus bsck up to the pretty neckline.

It's face-melting hot, but I still wore the striped sweater because I do work in the Meat Locker! I was training so the black patent heels perhaps weren't my best bet for being on my feet all day, but they didn't hurt and they are just so darned pretty I didn't care.
I love outfits like this, pretty and preppy but with a nice bold color or a unexpected pattern somewhere. I get to wear my graduated-sized pearls from high school, another long pearl necklace wrapped around my wrist as a bracelet, and pretty heels and a skirt. And one of my favorite sweaters, a striped soft number from LOFT that has remarkably lasted over a year. What's not to love?

Top: pink tee, LOFT 2010
Cardigan: black-and-white striped, LOFT 2009
Skirt: black Merona Fit, Target 2010
Shoes: black open toe patent heels, Liz Claiborne DSW 2010
Necklace and bracelet necklace: had them both for years
Hahahaha, I just noticed: I wore the same striped cardigan a year ago! I swear it was not intentional. I remixed, LOL!
++++++
This may have been my best lunch yet:

-huge blackberries and cut up strawberries
-almonds
-light honey-mustard dressing for dipping the
-red pepper strips
-antipasto tortellini salad from the Whole Foods salad bar
Delicious.
Happy Blogaversary!!! So glad you started blogging (and I found you!) - it's been great getting to know you!
ReplyDeleteYour outfit today is a home run - everything works perfectly! The pink top looks so much better tucked in...amazing what a difference - and you look much slimmer with it tucked. Great sweater, too.
Happy anniversary! You look so lovely in pink, and those blackberries look delish! I'll never understand why stores and offices crank their AC up until it's 50 degrees inside...it KILLS me because I have to bring a sweater everywhere!
ReplyDeletexo
I'm glad to see you gave that shirt another go-round. The neckline is really nice.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with Shelley that it's slimming tucked in. I'm a big fan of tucked-in shirts that aren't too fitted at the waist.
The skirt is a good length and the shoes go really well. A great outfit for a work day when you don't want to take any grief from anybody!
We had a heat wave this week in DC and one day the temp in my office wandered up to 74 and I took my sweater off. It doesn't seem like that's so cold but when you're sitting all day it's chilly after awhile.
Congratulations, Kristen! I can't believe it's been that long! Happy Blogoversary!
ReplyDeleteAwesome outfit - I can see a change in your style from year to year.
Happy blogaversary!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am so glad you kept that top. I think its lovely!
Happy Anniversary! I love the look of that outfit - it's so polished and put together!
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog- Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThis cardigan is such a great piece and it works beautifully with that pink top :)