Friday, July 10, 2009

Outfits for the week

Going forward I will probably do a post a day, but to catch up here are my outfits for the week! The whole set is here.

Sunday, running morning errands.
It was pretty cool when I started out the day, so I put a pair of long leggings under one of my favorite knit dresses from Target. The white jean jacket from Old Navy went over it, temporarily, and my black Me Too ballet flats finished it off.
Sunday morning 7/4

Sunday, switching gears.
But I didn't wear that long -- the sun came out and I hit the pool! Here is my beloved pool outfit; if I don't get to wear this a couple of times a week at least, it's just not a good week. Jersey dress/coverup and seagull canvas tote bag, Target, and the yellow Lands End swimsuit is from Sears. My flipflops are in the bag!
Pool outfit

Monday, back to work.
I decided to play with black and brown together. Brown cardigan ATL, teal camisole Nordstroms, new black AT pencil skirt, black Me Too platform wedges, Forth & Towne anaconda bag. I hit the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale pre-sale in this after work, and it held up great.
Monday

Tuesday, cool and casual.
New raspberry boyfriend cardigan from AT, over an old BR jersey dress that I've been able to continue wearing I think because it's so perfectly flexible and loose. It's one of those dresses that has no personality of its own, but can be worn with everything. Added in the new black patent-and-stretch belt, a long strand of pearls and my ballet flats, and I felt dressy and casual at the same time.
Tuesday

Wednesday, still waiting for the summer sun.
My co-worker and I both must be craving sun because we both had on coral tops that day. White ATL short-sleeve blazer, coral crochet-neck ATL cotton top, brown NY&CO knit pants.
DSC02419

Thursday, WHOOOPS!
I thought I would try something new and paired a wide-stripe black-and-white ATF t-shirt under a thin-stripe B&W ATL sweater. It was so cute, and even though I wasn't quite sure it worked, I decided to go for it.
DSC02436

As soon as I got out into the sunlight of the morning, I realized...the bottom shirt was NAVY and white. Whoooops! But it was too late to change so I buttoned up the sweater and hid the shirt underneath. So embarrassing!
DSC02441

Friday, rainy and blue.
New navy pants on major sale from BR, and my new Gap ruffled tank that I love. I wanted to wear my green short-sleeve pointelle sweater but the temps were already dropping, and sadly I don't have many long-sleeve cardis to choose from. So I was bluuuuuue!
DSC02470

I do like the silver necklaces against the ruffles.
DSC02473

I promise, not as many next time!

4 comments:

  1. Kristen, do you prefer comments here or on YLF?

    I love the last pic especially. That blue cardigan is luscious and I love the ruffles.

    Those navy pants are MAD on sale! Wow. Were they in stores too, or just online? I'm tempted to order a pair & see if they fit since the price is soooo good and I am in need of pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari, either place is fine by me! In the future, I will do daily posts here then a week together at YLF.

    The BR pants are online only -- Jackson stretch trousers, $29 down from $79. Only the long sizes are left, but they can be hemmed. They have a great heavy stretch -- might even be 4-season pants! I am staying away from black as a neutral now, so a pair of navy like these are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know. :) I'm never sure which is easier!

    I may order a pair of the navy pants since I am REALLY looking for pants for fall and navy is such a great neutral for me. But if it works it would be the second on-sale BR item that I admired on you and then blatantly copied. :) Please take it as a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee, are you kidding me, of course I'm flattered! It would be one thing if we worked in the same office and might come in wearing identical outfits on the same day, but I think we are safe. *g*

    ReplyDelete