Friday, June 18, 2010

Thursday: Under the Influence

Yay, so glad people liked the new Max & Cleo dress! I couldn't decide if it was too curve-inducing but I am glad I went for it.

ANYWAY, then there was Thursday.

DSC_5988

I have a couple more of these fabulous Target Merona Fit skirts on backorder; now that I remember to pull them down in the bathroom (*waves to Shelley*), I am crazy about it. :) The lines are so straight, and take on just about any kind of top very well. This one is a Loft number from 2009, in that mesh-knit fabric like Sweet Pea tops. I don't wear it nearly enough, but it is perfect for summer. There enough going on with draping around the chest and the cute sleeves it that I can keep the rest of the outfit simple. Just my new-favorite Clark Laguna Reef sandals (BEST SANDALS OF THE YEAR), and some jewelry, and I was good to go.

DSC_5994

I remarked on the YLF forum yesterday that my outfit was heavily influenced by the members there. I don't wear a lot of lace-edged camisoles (even though I own a stack of them from ON) because even though I have non-lingerie colors -- navy, forest green, orange, purple, etc -- it feels a little too racy for work. But Angie did a post on the topic last week, and it inspired me to try the navy one with the Loft top. I really liked it! Then I recalled Michelle from Eyeronic inquiring about delicate jewelry's appropriateness, and that influenced me to wear an old silver-and-pearl-like stone necklace. Once I had that on, the final accessory just *had* to be the sweet delicate flower bracelets from Laura!

In the end, I think the whole thing emanated a "pretty" vibe, don't you? I'm not really one to go for the romantic, sweet look, but this is as close as I can get to it comfortably.

DSC_5991

+++++++

Oh, so I must be committed to this Dupa Project because:

1. I actually went walking for a half-hour before meeting up with Shopping Friend for dinner
2. I am already starting to look ahead to increasing my types of exercise and even considering some food modifications
3. I am willing to post this horrible photo for all of the internet to see.

DSC_5995

I just bought those shorts yesterday from Lands End; they're sweatpants material so I thought they would be good for lounging at home in the summer. NOT for wearing outside, but maybe for exercise. Man, I wish I had seen this photo before I met Shopping Friend for dinner -- because I would have realized I should have stuck with my plan to not wear these outdoors. OY.

I am sticking with my fitted cropped and long running pants in the future, that's for sure! (Not to worry, Rose; I only wear the long pants when it's cool out. Which is still is here in crazy Chicago-land in June!)

Oh, the things I do for my dupa!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this today! I really need to check those skirts out; people keep talking about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please! You looked fine at dinner....at least you had a good excuse, exercise. Me, no reasonable excuse for my look other than was just too lazy to do anything with hair, makeup or outfit. But the white wine sangria....delicious. Perfect end to a really rough two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little bit of lacy cami doesn't seem too racy to me. I like the texture of it with the dressy top.

    My work mode seems to have me sitting at my desk dealing with a string of people standing at my office door looking down at me -while they are pleading for help (ha!)- so anything that keeps them from seeing straight down my chest is immediately not-racy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of the lace-trimmed camis - I have about 18 of them in various colours. They never seem too lacy.

    Don't worry about the shorts - I wear far worse workout clothes in public!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! Sorry I missed this before, Kristen -- it was the day I went out of town for the wedding. Glad to see I could influence what sounded like a really great outfit! Thumbs up for comfort, too! :)

    ReplyDelete