Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wednesday: New Dress

My day started like this:

DSC_5980

Champion running shorts from Target, 3/4-sleeve magenta tee and sleeveless hoodie from Old Navy. (See a pattern? I always think I am buying Old Navy clothes to wear on the weekend, but the truth is they are just too junky for anything but exercise.)

Then I got home and got ready for work:

DSC_5985

This is a new Max&Cleo dress I picked up at Nordstrom Rack in the clearance section. Love the bold pattern and colors; this is probably the only way I can wear that lime-citron yellow-green shade! :) It is very va-va-vavoom, perhaps a little too much; as the Dupa Project progresses, the curves should likely go down a bit. Right now the backside is, well...let's just say J. Lo has nothing on me!

I paired it with brights and neutrals: a magenta camisole to fill in the cleavage, and my turquoise glasses to bring some of that color up to my face. But I went with neutral shoes -- Franco Sarto's from Nordstroms, with a very high heel and a cute back zipper -- to keep the whole thing balanced and not let the colors get too far over the top. I think a black shoe here would have made the whole thing look too old-lady-ish.

Not a great angle of me here, but Lord, I love the patterns of this!

DSC_5987

Dresses like this are the inspiration to keep going on the Dupa Project. This is going to look even better in a few weeks!

14 comments:

  1. Cute dress - that wrap style looks great at your waist! Interesting that you paired a darker color cami than the pink in the dress - I like! I'm such a matchy-matchy person that that wouldn't have occurred to me.

    I kinda wish you would have taken a picture wearing the black shoes for comparison, because my mind still has a problem seeing why that would look odd (I know, I have a long way to go with this whole fashion business, right? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. L.O.V.E that dress. The design is wonderful! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, I will try to take pictures of it with black shoes next time so you can see! Honestly, spending time experimenting and taking lots of photos is what helped me "get" fashion and style; Shopping Friend will happily tell you that 4 years ago I was a walking Fashion Don't! I owned -- wait for it -- ONE pair of shoes. Black loafers. I wore them with everything. And I didn't even OWN a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, va-va-voom is right, I love it!! You are looking divine, girlfriend!! I adore the cut and pattern of this dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Kendra said, the cut and pattern of this dress are great - and it is a good choice for you! It is very flattering. No apologies or explanations necessary, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen, you look wonderful. I love the curves. My question is do you ever have problems with the camisole rolling up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you look smokin'! I would also not have done black shoes (maybe a hot pink or aqua?).

    I totally admire your early morning workout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phenomenal dress - you are lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dress looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hot ..hot ..hot...tht dress is superb..and you look awesome Kristen :)

    -nonie (from ylf)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lookin gorgeous! And those shoes are just phenominal. Loveth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute dress!
    p.s. i have the exact same hoodie :D


    http://lemontartsweetheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel so much cooler now that you've got some short pants on!

    That dress is wonderful. Was it one of the on sale + 35% off finds?

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL Rose, it's been cold out! Hence the heavier running gear. But it was shorts and a tank today!

    It not 35% off the sale price. I wish!

    Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete