Sunday, June 20, 2010

Long weekend

It wasn't until I downloaded all my photos that I remembered that I did actually go to work on Friday. I taught a class to some new users, then worked on various projects until I could scoot out to start my weekend downtown!

DSC_5997

Brown short-sleeved Loft cardigan, brown Talbots dress, coral Caslon cardigan, silver Seychelles sandals. I changed into a different Kohls empire dress and a cropped blue cardigan, but I forgot to have Hubby take a photo at the hotel. It was a cute outfit, I will be repeating soon!

Saturday my friend Jessie and I did yoga at Millenium Park. So. Cool.

DSC03465

Then Jessie took some goofy shots of me dorking around a sculpture series known as Agora. I love those rusted giant headless statues.

DSC03479

DSC03481

DSC03482

DSC03486
(This was the only way I could do any of the balancing moves we learned at yoga. I am a total klutz.)

Later I met up with Shopping Friend for the architecture tour conducted via the river and lake. Such a gorgeous day for a boat ride! Forgot to get a full-length shot, but I wore my new DKNY cargo shorts and this adorable pink-and-red striped shirt from Lands End.

DSC03502

That and my bronze BOC sandals held up well for the rest of the day's events, which included a concert at Soldier Field and then a long, long walk back to the hotel late at night. (We saw Keith Urban, the Dixie Chicks and the Eagles. Great shows from all 3 groups!)

Sunday we woke up bone tired. I put on another cute sundress and leggings, and we made our way down to breakfast.

DSC_5998

Once we got back home, we all lazed around, read on the patio, and recovered from the fun and sun. It definitely feels like full-on summer now. Hurray!


OH! And Shopping Friend got the CUTEST Sperry boat shoes for the summer. Angie at YLF had talked about boat shoes making a comeback back in May but it wasn't until I saw these on SF's feet that I started to want a pair of my own. Aren't they awesome?

IMG_0365

More photos of my weekend are here.

5 comments:

  1. I like the new layout! Very pretty.

    Agora means marketplace - that's a cool set of statuary.

    Looks like you had a fab weekend! Looking great every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, wait - so much to process...

    The Dixie Chicks are back on tour? I saw them years ago and it was the best concert ever! How fun - now I will have to see if they're coming to Texas again!

    You are so funny in the statue pictures. You always look like you are having a good time, and your smile in the boat picture is proof!

    I was a rebel back in the day (either late 70's or early 80's - my memory is shot) and bought my Topsiders in white - loved them. Those pink plaid ones are adorable!

    Oh, and your new layout/colors? Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend.Boat rides on nice sunny days are so uplifting.
    Thank you for posting photos (here and on the other blog) so that we can enjoy the fun.
    I like oat shoes but usually on other people feet, in mine I always feel like I'm wearing the boat itself on each foot.But those are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally having fun !
    and I adore your boat shoes, I have been eyeing a pair for some time but as my grandmother says its "sinful" for me to get another pair of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome concert! And the river architecture tour is the best!

    Also, is that one of those Lands End layering shirts? I love them to death; I just bought 5 of them on sale in various shades of pink, orange and red.

    ReplyDelete