Sunday, June 13, 2010

Saturday: Introducing the Dupa Project

As promised, here was my weekend wear. I am splitting it into 2 posts because I wore so much!

Saturday -- first there was a workout.

DSC_5955

I've finally decided that my dupa has hit its limit. I haven't run since my birthday 5K in March, and while my job change has been great, it trashed my diet and exercise goals. Or, rather, *I* trashed them. Anyway, I can't take the size of my dupa anymore, and I'm ready to do something about it. I started walking with a girlfriend a few weeks ago, but we were only doing it once a week and I obviously need more than that. So I've been walking every morning now, just a half-hour to an hour a day, and getting myself back into a rhythm of regular exercise.

I'm calling it The Dupa Project. Sure, I would like to lose weight, be a different size, be a different number on the scale. But most of all, I want my ass not to horrify me when I glimpse it in the mirror. This is the motivational conversation I plan on having with myself when I reach the day when I don't feel like working on the project:

Me: I don't feel like exercising today.
Other Me: Do you like your dupa yet?
Me: No.
Other Me: Then get off it.

DSC_5957

George is on board with The Dupa Project!

Details:
turquoise Champion top, Target
cropped Champion running pants, Target
New Balance sneakers

Then I hosted a "baby shower BBQ" for a girlfriend. Since this was her 3rd or 4th shower, we went casual.

DSC_5958

I've never actually worn a neutral top with a neutral-ish pants like this before. Usually on weekends I go black or white on one part and a bright on the other. I liked pairing the dark umber shorts with the mushroom tiered top. But I couldn't go all neutral, so the bright coral sweater added just the punch I was looking for.

DSC_5960

Details:
coral pointelle sweater, Old Navy 2009
mushroom chiffon-tiered tee, Ann Taylor 2010
dark umber cargo shorts, DKNY Nordstroms 2010
bronze BOC sandals, Famous Footwear 2009

The party was a huge hit! I was so relieved.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the bbq/baby shower outfit. That color combo kicks ass. Speaking of kicking ass - I am also starting a weight loss/whatever project on Tuesday. I am set to be Matron of Honor in a wedding on August 15. The wedding is outside. In August. In West Virginia. My arms? Do not need to be exposed to ANYONE in their current state. So, I'm giving myself exactly two months to DO SOMETHING. I'll be at the gym at 4:30 on Tuesday morning. Yikes. Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Congratulations on the Dupa Project! Making it public helps keep you accountable - I know you will do well, Kristen!

    2. Aw...George! :) He makes me happy.

    3. Wow, do I love that coral colour on you! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shower outfit. Thanks for your comment about my outfit. I feel like I am getting fashion advice from a professional!

    4 baby shower....yikes! Just for this one baby? That kid will have everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the BBQ/baby shower outfit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the baby shower outfit - the neutrals look fab with the pop of orange. And those BOC bronze sandals? I bought some yesterday at TJ Maxx - different style, but love the color and boy are they comfy! Trying to upgrade my shoe selection a bit. :)

    I have that same workout top in hot pink and love it - wish I had bought more colors. The Dupa Project sounds good - love your motivational conversation idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your project!! I'm still trying to lose 15 or so pounds of baby weight that are stubbornly hanging on.

    I love the workout outfit. I'm training for a 5K and need to find some great running pants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked your dupa conversation. It's one I should be having with myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg I love the conversation you have with yourself regarding your dupa. I am definitely going to have to remember that when I am feeling gym-lazy!

    ReplyDelete