Friday, October 9, 2009

My Weight Loss and Fashion Transformation, in Pictures

Oct 6 2008DSC_4377

On the left, that is me on October 6, 2008. On the right, me on October 6, 2009.

It occurred to me that I haven't really talked about my weight loss and body transformation in full here; I've mentioned parts of it here and there, but I started this blog once the bulk of the weight was gone. Those of who who were on the Medifast site or who are on YLF have heard and seen my journey, but to anyone just joining this may be new.

Starting on January 1, my husband and I started the Medifast diet. I've talked about it before so I won't go into the details again, but the end result is that we lost a combined total of 135 pounds. We're no longer doing MF, and it's been an interesting, challenging journey to maintain (for him) and to continue to lose (for me), but we're still plugging away at it. I've maintained a loss of 50 pounds, although I reached the 60 pound mark for a while in July; I'm trying to get back there now. I could give you more stats, like that I went from a XXL/18-20 to a M/10, or the huge number of inches I have taken off my body, but I think the pictures tell the story.

This is also a photo essay of how my style has evolved this year; before I lost the weight, I was strictly pants and skirts. Now, as you have likely noticed, it's pretty much all dresses. I've selected photos of some my best/favorite outfits, and I tried to pick ones I wore month-to-month until they had to be retired for being too baggy. It's kind of a farewell tour of my favorite long-gone pieces, in a way, but it's kind of nice to see that there are many that I have been able to continue to wear months and sizes later. Guess I didn't waste as much money on clothes I only wore for a brief time as I thought!

(My self-portrait and photo-editing skills have improved as well, LOL.)

Before (Oct-Nov 2008)
Nov 2008Oct 2008Oct 8 2008

Jan/Feb 2009
Jan 27 2009feb 7 2009Feb 11 2009Feb 19 2009Feb 19 2009

March 2009
March 2 2009Mar 27 2009March 29 2009

April 2009
April 2 2009April 4 2009April 6 209April 19 2009April 21 2009April 24 2009

May 2009
May 2 2009May 5 2009May 8 2009May 14 2009May 27 2009

June 2009
June 9 2009June 30 2009June 17 2009June 22 2009June 22 2009June 24 2009June 25 2009

July 2009
July 7 2009July 10 2009July 10 2009July 12 2009July 14 2009July 16 2009

And it's been about the same since. I did this post also as motivation; I've commented in other posts that I've crept up 10 pounds, and I need to be reminded of where I don't want to go back to. I really like the way I looked this July. I want to look like that again, and I will. There isn't any other option, for me.

20 comments:

  1. I had seen some photos here and there in the YLF Forum but seeing them like this I can really tell how much your style has evolved.
    You look much more youthfull now than before and it's not because of the weight(in my opinion).
    You came a long way and I guess it happens to everyone who losses weight , maintaning is the hardest part.You have to watch your scale and what you eat very carefully.
    You look great and I'm sure you'll get your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look amazing! You've done great work making changes and it definitely shows. You're a beautiful woman and I give you huge kuddos for doing the hard work it takes to make those kinds of changes. Congratulations on your amazing progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POST! First of all, I love reading about other pepople's weight loss experiences. I just blogged this on blog last week because I too lost weight last year. You look just amazing and healthy. I'm heading to the gym now, thanks to you! I especially love the picture of you with the blue cardigan and white ruffle shirt..so chic!

    Check out my graduation goal post:

    http://dinasdaysblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/graduation-goal.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your transformation is so fantastic and inspirational! You should be so proud of yourself. I love, too, how your style has changed over this year. Thanks for giving me a wonderful start to my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what a transformation! You obviously have been working hard - and it shows! The pictures really show how your style has changed as your figure has changed. You should be so proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome! it's so cool to see the confident, stylish you emerging through these pictures. go you! congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just stumbled upon your blog within the last week and love it. Congratulations on your weight loss. You look amazing! I love the red wrap dress on you in the June 2009 pictures. Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing, congrats on your weight loss!

    Also I love your style so much and it has evolved so well in the last year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really amazing. I am a recent reader, so I had NO idea you had gone through something like this. Seeing the pictures is really amazing! Congrads on such an accomplishment, you have always been beautiful as far as I can tell per pictures, but I can tell you FEEL better about yourself, and that translates better than anything else! Enjoy being healthier and don't get frustrated, weight ups and downs happen to us all, just don't give up! :)

    This is Meli22 btw, google is not happy with me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristen, this is an amazing transformation! I know how incredibly difficult weight loss can be, and you should be so proud of your accomplishement! Well done!

    Congrats to your husband as well! You guys are an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look AMAZING! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I'm so proud of you for posting this, Kristen! This is a really good way to be accountable to yourself to maintain what you've accomplished.

    As someone who also lost 50-60 lbs in a short time (6 months for the bulk of it), I do know how incredibly hard it is to maintain it - going on 2.5 years for me now! You inspire me to share some more of my heavy pictures.

    You have come so far and you look amazing! Well done to both of you!

    I love seeing George in the background of some of these shots - nice scratching post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you will DEFINITELY look like that again, honey, and even if you don't, well, just look at how far you've come! you are gorgeous, and still my inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome post! I love the picture just before the May 2009 text and just before the July 2009 text. The dress and skirt outfit in those posts look SO gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was SO inspiring! I recently lost weight and my interest in wardrobing has skyrocketed!

    You DO look fabulous. You have developed a great style and flair & your photography skills have improved (as you said)!

    Let's keep it off!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! You look so great! I'm really inspired by your journey, so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so much younger and have fabulous legs. What a transformation and an inspiration to others.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, thank you all so much! Just...wow. I did not expect such an overwhelming response, and such encouragement. Definitely the kind of motivation I need to spur me in the right direction again. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats on your successful weight loss!

    it might sound miniscule, but i lost 15 pounds this year between May and July. i've managed to maintain it so far, but it is difficult. daily commitment! i read your goals in your other entry too and i know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This photo essay is fantastic. Isn't it great to see how far you've come? Your transformation is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete