Wow, the responses to my photo transformation post were just overwhelming. Thank you all so much for the kind words and encouragement! I skim through my photos all the time in my iPhoto program, but really seeing them all together like that reminds me how far I really have come -- and weirdly enough, how easy it would be to slip back to that. This isn't the first time I've lost a significant amount of weight, but I am determined -- even more so now -- that it will be the last.
And so, it's time to look at my progress on the commitment challenge.
1. Attend WW meetings every week without skipping any.
I was out of town this weekend, so I made sure to attend the Thursday night meeting instead. I even weighed in, which of course showed me the gain of my poor eating and the evening weigh-in. I am really hoping this is the peak of my re-gain; I hit a number I am NOT okay with, and that combined with my clothes not fitting right anymore, is the tipping point for me. Even though I was driving 16 hours or at a casino all weekend, I managed to lose some weight. Enough is enough!
Also, I really liked this leader on Thursday, more so than the Saturday one. The timing of the meeting isn't great, but I think I will try to attend it again this week. I might switch days altogether in the end; a good leader is too valuable an asset to WW to pass by. I've had my share of both; I know!
2. Exercise 4 days a week minimum.
My specific-day commitment worked; I got in 3 days of running on Sunday, Tuesday and Saturday. I did miss getting it done on Friday as I said I would, but instead I ran all around the casino parking lot on Saturday morning. Which was CRAZY because it was frosty cold and I did not even have a sweatshirt, but made me feel super-virtuous. I ran by at least 3 people sleeping in their cars at 7:30 in the morning!
This week I am changing my set days, but I will get 3 in for sure. I also want to add at least 1 day of yoga. My waist will thank me later!
3. Count my points in my Tracker.
No, but I didn't try. I did make sure I got some fruits and veggies in at the casino, and I had good lunches all week.
4. Cut back on the alcohol to 1-2 drinks a week.
I did mention I was at a casino all weekend, didn't I? Nuff said. :)
++++++++
No pictures of this weekend's outfits, but they were plenty cute. You will just have to trust me on that. :)
Nice, way to go keeping up with your exercise goals for specific days. :) I did much better last week as well, but I didn't do the best on eating and had a few more alcoholic drinks than I typically do in the space of a week. Oh well.
ReplyDeleteI learned about a hot yoga studio within walking distance of my workplace that is offering a 10 session for $10 each special, and I'm planning to sign up. Have you tried hot yoga before? I love how it relaxes my muscles & allows me to stretch a bit further during the class.
I mentioned this on your YouLookFab post about your transformation, but I'm just always so impressed at how you constantly work to add some new element to your personal style and *always* looked sharp and put together during your weight loss process. You purchased your wardrobe so intelligently given that you knew it was going to be temporary, and I love how far you were able to stretch the pieces that fit you at a specific time without sacrificing your style quotient. Well done!
I thought your post was amazing - I could have sworn I commented- :/
ReplyDeleteYou can see through your pics not only the weight loss, but also the confidence and a new you blooming with color.
I respect anyone that can be so disciplined - Cheers :)