
Hands down, this has been my favorite outfit this week. I was worried the skirt was too short with the boots (I work in a conservative environment) but I just love this look and I really wanted to try it myself. I forgot, the department I was meeting with today is made up of relatively young females. They practically squealed when they saw my outfit! Heh, now that's a nice vote of confidence.
Dress: brown-purple-black pattern dress, Marshalls
Top: reversible black long-sleeve top, Talbots (worn Monday)
Sweater: purple silk-cotton boyfriend cardigan, AT (worn Tuesday)
Boots: black Franco Sarto flat cowboy wingtips
My necklace was part of the 3-in-1 multi-stone I've been wearing all this week. It can be one long, or two shorts or bracelets. This is the first time I wore it as a choker; it's not my favorite style of necklace but I like it with this outfit.

I had to do another swap yesterday, after I had taken my photos. I walked out the door and it was FREEZING. So I finally got up the nerve to cut the tags off my NAS leather jacket from Kenneth Cole, and I wore that. This is how it looked.


Naturally, I wore it again today.

I'm not so sure the jacket goes with the black boots, but I had no other options. The brown boots lost a zipper pull on Monday, so I took them back to Von Maur tonight so they could be repaired (for free!) Which is excellent, except now they will be unavailable for possibly a couple of weeks. Yeesh. Anyway, I didn't want to wear the flats I had selected for the challenge, I wanted to keep wearing boots. So I swapped the flats for these new beauties, which are SO AWESOME. I love the detail on them, and they are ridiculousy comfortable. I think I could wear these or the brown ones every day this winter and I would die a happy woman.




Yes, this was definitely my favorite day so far. George's too!
I love this outfit too! Wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHeh, George is so cute.
i love the cardi with the dress! fabulous!
ReplyDeleteThis is super!
ReplyDeleteI love how you thought of using the necklace so many different ways, I have to write that one down for the next wardrobe capsule!
I imagine the girls at your meeting squealed with envy... check them out on Monday, they will all be trying to copy this amazing look.
BTW thanks for adding my blog ! Hugs,
Oh I love this! The purple is absolutely FABULOUS on you!
ReplyDeleteI love the look. Purple is one of my favourites. Thanks for joining the challenge.
ReplyDeleteYou look adorable! I love the print on that dress.
ReplyDeleteThanks all! Expect to see this outfit again many times this fall.
ReplyDeleteJane, this was a great challenge; thank you so much for coming up with it and inviting us all to try it.