
I almost didn't participate in today's challenge because all I wanted to do was call off work and play board games all day. I looooooove board games! Thank goodness for Club Pogo; I get to play board games online all the time with my nephews and by myself, which is fortunate because my husband doesn't like to play. (I know, I can't believe I married him either sometimes! *g*)
Anyway, I had meetings today and couldn't play hooky or dress up in jeans like the photo makes me long to do. I couldn't be the "kid", I had to be the "mom". And what better mom to be than Donna Reed?

LOL!
A more serious pose:

I guess Bella and I had the same inspiration of the turquoise and red. Great minds, Bella! I had a yellow tank under the dress, but it seemed like too much, too random.
Dress: black cotton sleeveless ruched shirtdress, Alfani
scarf: teal soft cotton, Gap
Shoes: red patent heels, Franco Sarto
But I just kept thinking about the look of the girl in the jeans on top of the games. I wanted that look, that feeling of freedom from responsibility, having time to sit down and play a good game of Skip-Bo. When I got home from work, before I went out running errands, I made that come true. Well, at least the jeans part.

I get so involved in layering tops and sweaters, finding at least 3 pieces of clothes for each outfit, I forget how simple and easy just a cute top and a pair of jeans can be.

Top: Old Navy
Jeans: Gap
Sandals: no idea, they're a few years old. But so comfy!
Oh Kristen, you are too funny! I love the vacuum cleaner pose. (And both outfits are adorable and playful.)
ReplyDeleteI just discovered this blog and can't believe how great you look - wow! Also, I am coveting that little black dress...
ReplyDeleteThis is the first I've ever heard of Hubby possessing any flaws. I'm shocked, I tell you.
that teal scarf is amazing! love how it pops against the black dress and of course, i adore red shoes. boomps!
ReplyDeleteCute! I love the print in that top.
ReplyDeleteAnd that DRESS is beautiful! It fits you oh so well.
ReplyDeleteKari, thanks! Playful was what I was going for so I'm glad it came across.
ReplyDeleteCassandre, welcome! Heh, yes this is my new hobby. I always pick the strange ones. :)
Eednic and FA, I was loving those colors in the photo; they really work together well.
I love the scarf with the dress.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right a nice top with a pair of jeans looks so good.